Panning sends ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

stapmania

Panning sends ?

Post by stapmania » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:29 am

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possible to pan the signal you're feeding into a send track ?

Let me clarify : I have a shaker panned hard right, and i want to add a delay that would be panned hard left. I know I could create a send track and pan it hard left, but i'm already feeding this send track with different instruments, i don't want the delay of everything to be panned left, just for the shaker. I don't wanna be picky by comparing products, but in ProTools when you set the level of a send you have the option to follow the sent track's panning, or to pan the send differently. I'm new to MC so I'm wondering if it is possible too ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCLFfvoTYOM

Second question : I have a send track that has a reverb plugin on it. I sent a lot of my instruments in it. Everything works, however I have the feeling that when I send a mono track the reverb comes out in Mono. I don't have the wide reverb effect that i'm supposed to have when I send my vocal in it... is this normal ?

Thank you all for your replies ;)

Theo

stapmania

Re: Panning sends ?

Post by stapmania » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Up !

aj113

Re: Panning sends ?

Post by aj113 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:04 am

If you want to pan the delay return for the shaker only then you will need to assign the shaker its own delay. As you say, you can use a separate send track, or you could use an insert, set the delay to fully wet, then mix it to a new track. You can then pan the new track left while the original dry signal (with the delay now bypassed) is panned right.

Your link shows how to link the stereo pan pots on a Pro Tools channel, it is not showing anything about the panning of sends and returns.