No output with my interface

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

giveguybrushgrog

No output with my interface

Post by giveguybrushgrog »

running mixcraft studio pro 9 (also tried 7) on windows 10 with a tascam us 16x08.

i have no sound through my headphones (tried three pairs) whether im trying to record or play. i can see that sound is being picked up, on the meters.

ive tried everything i can think of, checked my sound settings, tried different headphones.

i ran windows troubleshoot on the interface, and was able to hear the test sounds, so im at a total loss.

what could i be missing?

thanks in advance.
ste_p0270

Re: No output with my interface

Post by ste_p0270 »

Hi,

Have you had a look in the preferences option to ensure that the sound is being directed to the
relevant interface outputs?
M-Audio BX5 (pair)
Mixcraft 10.5 PS / EZDrummer3 / Sonicake Matribox 2
Ryzen 5800X / 32GB DDR4 / 1TB NVME / RX6800
giveguybrushgrog

yes, and thats where im a little bit confused.

previously, on other computers, i had two options for the ASIO device: us-16x08 ASIO, and, i believe, something like "us-16x08 mixing driver". i dont currently have the latter.

so for output, it gives me 4 options:

OUT 1/OUT 2
OUT 3/OUT 4
OUT 5/OUT 6
OUT 7/OUT 8

i no longer seem to have the option to just use "us-16x08 speaker", or whatever it was.

however, the interface manual says OUT/1 OUT 2 is the same thing/connected to the headphones.
ste_p0270

Post by ste_p0270 »

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling the driver and starting afresh with the tascam device?

I used to have the odd issue with a behringer interface that i was using. After my PC had been in sleep
mode, the behringer wouldn't be visible or usable unless i disconnected / reconnected the USB cable to make
windows see it again.

Do you get sound if you click on the monitoring option in MC?
M-Audio BX5 (pair)
Mixcraft 10.5 PS / EZDrummer3 / Sonicake Matribox 2
Ryzen 5800X / 32GB DDR4 / 1TB NVME / RX6800
giveguybrushgrog

i tried it, and no dice.

i can hear the windows troubleshooting sound test.

yet no output when i arm a track (yes, remembering to hit the monitor button) or try to play anything.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're using ASIO mode? The headphones are plugged into the ASIO device?

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
giveguybrushgrog

Yes, I'm using ASIO mode and the headphones are plugged into the ASIO device.

I have submitted the support request per your instructions.
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
My interface ( Scarlet 18i20 ) has a mixer software to route signals. If yours has a similar software, check it's settings. The, asio mix diver, may be the routing mixer for your signals. It may have a master volume setting.

- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
giveguybrushgrog

i do have mixing software. fortunately, its pretty basic, not a lot of settings.

i hit a dead end working through mixcraft email support. was told everything sounded good/right, and that suggests it could be a hardware problem.

it could be. my interface is pretty old now. im noticing, for example, that it will have the usb light on even when its not connected, which is weird.

im reading though, that a lot of people have had this problem with the interface, particularly with the drivers. i stumbled upon a potential solution that has to do with windows 10 updates, and app permissions, but i checked, and my microphone has app permission.

i discovered asio4all, got that up and running, still no output. that, i would think, might further suggest a hardware problem, although it could still mean theres some strange setting, somewhere, that im not finding.

this weekend im having a couple of mixcraft owning friends over, and i will try the interface on their computer, and ill know for sure, but im afraid that whatever the problem is, i may have to get a new interface.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you try my suggestion of turning on the "Use Device's Preferred Settings" option in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
giveguybrushgrog

i did, i think that was the default setting. i also tried without it.
giveguybrushgrog

tried it on two other laptops with mixcraft, no output.

i think that makes it pretty clear its the interface. bummer.

thanks everyone, for your time and help.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Shopping is half the fun of this endeavor! :mrgreen:

You can get a very capable I/O for $100 now, or you could spend a lot more but for most that'll do.

M
giveguybrushgrog

id be willing to drop up to 500 on a new interface.

my main thing is that id really like 8 xlr inputs, like the tascam interface has (im unlikely to buy the tascam again), and i cant seem to find anything that does.

the 8 xlr inputs is mainly necessary for drums. ive been using the glyn johns method, but i like having the option of close micing.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Focusrite 18i20 (Gen 3)

M