Recording guitar live with VST effects on?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

PDS

Recording guitar live with VST effects on?

Post by PDS »

I was just wondering if it's possible to record and or monitor an electric guitar live using the VST effects on a channel in MC.I can in my AbeltonLE limited version I have.

At the moment I'm using a Behringer Vamp 2 Digital Direct Inject box and can of course have my distortion/echo etc recorded but I would like to use it sometimes as a,"Dry" DI box and apply the VST effects I have in MC whilst I record it,not after.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can monitor recording and hear effects applied to the monitor playback. Try it!

Greg
PDS

Post by PDS »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

You can monitor recording and hear effects applied to the monitor playback. Try it!

Greg
Sorry I didn't explain clearly.I know I can do this but I would like to know if I can apply and record the VST effects to my guitar as I lay down the track?
ukulele123

Post by ukulele123 »

Hi PDS :D

I dont understand exactly what you mean and I think Greg answered your question in regard to MC but I like to add something about the V-Amp.
As far as I know the V-Amp has the abillity to record "dry" but to monitor with FX and I think you can even record two tracks at the same times one with and one without FX.
good luck
ukulele
________
buy silver surfer
Last edited by ukulele123 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No, you cannot apply vst effects to an input signal and record it onto a track. Effects come after the recording happens.
There is another post here about this, explaining why.