Mono Aux Sends / Stereo Aux Sends

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rickp

Mono Aux Sends / Stereo Aux Sends

Post by rickp »

How do mono / stereo aux sends work in Mixcraft 9 PS?

On Recording Revolution I always hear about setting up mono or stereo aux sends but in Mixcraft there doesn't seem to be any way of setting this.

Is it simply if I send a mono track to an aux send in Mixcraft then the Aux send is mono and also if I send stereo to it it is therefore a stereo send?
Mark Bliss

Re: Mono Aux Sends / Stereo Aux Sends

Post by Mark Bliss »

Graham is using Pro Tools (probably) in his examples, which has many complicated routing options...

Yes, in Mixcraft it is simple. A stereo signal is sent out to the send track as stereo.
In Mixcraft, early within the channel strip a mono signal is simply divided into two identical channels, L/R and level compensated (pan law).
Therefore, it is handled exactly the same as a stereo track, and except for perhaps in some very rare cases- you dont have to be bothered with that detail.
Stereo is stereo, mono sums as mono.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

Mark Bliss wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 am Graham is using Pro Tools (probably) in his examples, which has many complicated routing options...

Yes, in Mixcraft it is simple. A stereo signal is sent out to the send track as stereo.
In Mixcraft, early within the channel strip a mono signal is simply divided into two identical channels, L/R and level compensated (pan law).
Therefore, it is handled exactly the same as a stereo track, and except for perhaps in some very rare cases- you dont have to be bothered with that detail.
Stereo is stereo, mono sums as mono.
Does anyone know whether the volume boost problem in Mixcraft 8, described here:

https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22473

has been solved in Mixcraft 9?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am not sure. Dont recall seeing anything further on that.

I would have to retest in the current version. I havent had a problem I guess because I dont seem to use any of the previously problematic plug-ins.

Maybe we should revive the old thread instead of side-tracking this one though. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

Mark Bliss wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:43 am ... Maybe we should revive the old thread instead of side-tracking this one though. :wink:
Sorry. I've reopened the old thread.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

No biggie. Just works better sometimes. :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page