NEED HELP - REPLACING NEW PC WITH OLD MIXCRAFT-7

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

55Dudester

NEED HELP - REPLACING NEW PC WITH OLD MIXCRAFT-7

Post by 55Dudester »

Hi folks.
I'm in a bit of a pickle. My old windows 7 pc has died on me, with my Mixcraft7 intalled in it. I have another pc, which has windows 10 installed, but it only has 4gigs of Ram in it, so I will hopefully be able to add another 12gigs to it. However, here is my problem. On my old Windows7 PC, with my Mixcraft 7, I have all of my saved FX settings etc. Is it possible to transfer my Mixcraft 7 from my old windows 7 pc to my windows 10 pc, without a lot of headaches ? I would hate to start all over finding all those fx components again. There are months of trials and tribulations in making them, for various recording sessions. Thanks for any help you can offer this non-pc-tech idiot. Stay healthy. :D Ray.
RollingStone

Re: NEED HELP - REPLACING NEW PC WITH OLD MIXCRAFT-7

Post by RollingStone »

these are the directories where you can look for your saved presets on your old windows 7 hard disk drive:
(i'm assuming, that you still have access to it and it's not mechanically destroyed, overheated, etc...)

https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 76#p132978
Mark Bliss

Re: NEED HELP - REPLACING NEW PC WITH OLD MIXCRAFT-7

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hey Ray!

Yeah, the key is going to be if the old files are accessible. Of course a new installation of Mixcraft is no big deal, but transferring your personal files and settings is going to require access to the old computer, which you say is dead...
Your definition of "dead" could be a key component. 8)

There are some things that if important to you, can be best kept in multiple locations.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page