A few question on functionality

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

timathy2

A few question on functionality

Post by timathy2 »

Hi all,
I am a new user to Mixcraft. After watching all the training video's from the website and reading through the manual, I still cannot find clarity on a few things and am hoping for some definitive answers.

I see we can mix to stems and export but can we import projects or stems?

Is there a command to open and close the mixer , or do we have to manually open and close it with mouse clicks to boxes

Is there an integrated movable arranger track or chord track anywhere, or do we just have location information via markers?
I saw the video where we can manually "bounce" around parts of your song with the curser but can we physically highlight and drag those parts between the markers for differing arrangement without actual cut and paste procedures?
Perhaps more the function of the performance panel?

I have only had the program a few days and haven't had time to lay tracks with Christmas and all, so it is possible I missed these in the details.
So far I am very impressed with the workflow and the depth of this program at its price point when compared to my other Top named, top priced DAW's.
Thanks for any help.
kenrob2037

Re: A few question on functionality

Post by kenrob2037 »

Hi Timathy,

A stem will basically be an audio file of some sort. So you just drag and drop them into your tracks.

You can only open Mixcraft Projects in Mixcraft. No other DAWs projects will work in Mixcraft, as far as I know.

There is no shortcut to open the mixer and I don't think you can create one. But the mixer is in the tabs under the transport controls. I use Sibelius as my notation program and pressing the M key does open the mixer, in Mixcraft, Control M activates the metronome.

I don't know the answer to the rest of your question, but I hope this helps.

Cheers,

rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
timathy2

Re: A few question on functionality

Post by timathy2 »

Thanks for the help Rob,

So I'm guessing I would import the audio that I want to drag and drop onto the tracks through the file search function within the loop/hit section on the left pane window within Mixcraft?

I could be wrong but it is looking like the performance panel could conceivably take the place of an arranger track plus a bunch more. Interesting.
My keyboard skills are pretty weak so I was hoping for some kind of chord type generator like Cubase or Waveform has to help me with laying down better keys.
I do have Reason 11 so I can use their rack as a VST to generate the chords above my ability, so not that big of a deal.
For some strange unknown reason I am really liking this program above my other DAW's. Is there something about the informative layout, or the intuitive ease of use??
I don't know but its Something I can hardly wait to work with lately.
Thanks again