Accessing Melodyne

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

edng

Accessing Melodyne

Post by edng »

Hi folks!

I been using MX 9 Pro for a while now. Initially I was adding Melodyne to audio tracks by finding it on the dropdown list of FX plugins. After reinstalling MX 9 (where I moved it to another drive), Melodyne doesn't show up on the droplist list anymore. But I can still find the Melodyne button on the middle horizontal toolbar when I double-click an audio clip.

My question: Is Melodyne supposed to show up on the list of FX plugins? If it is, what can I do to solve this problem?

I did check that the Melodyne VST folder (C:/program files/common files/VST3...etc) is included in the settings for plugins. And also tried uninstalling & reinstalling Melodyne, but that didn't work.

Thanks heaps!
Ed
Acoustica Greg

Re: Accessing Melodyne

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you install 64-bit Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio? Did you download and install from the download link in your registration email? I'll send your registration email.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
edng

Post by edng »

Hi Greg

I did install 64-bit. I tried uninstalling both Mixcraft & Melodyne again, and reinstalled with the registration email you sent. Thanks for that.

I still don't see Melodyne on the FX dropdown list. Is it meant to be this way? Instead I've to access Melodyne on the horiontal toolbar.
Ed
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Most people access Melodyne on the sound tab, because it's integrated into Mixcraft that way.

That said, when I look at my list of effects, I see I have Melodyne (VST3) in the list. Click on Mixcraft's File menu, select Manage Plug-Ins, and make sure that Melodyne is in the list and that it has a check mark next to it. If it doesn't have a check mark, add one, then click OK and restart Mixcraft.

Greg
edng

Post by edng »

Hi Greg

Sorry I forgot about this till today. I checked Manage Plugins like you said but Melodyne isn't listed there. But I've ensured the VST folder for Melodyne is added to the list of plugin directories (under Preferences).

Melodyne still loads in any case. I actually prefer accessing it via the FX list instead of the horizontal bar, because this way actually sees the various audio clips as one continuous stream. Whereas for the horizontal bar, I've to open the clips one by one.

Thanks.

Edmund
Ed
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Quit Mixcraft if it is running and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg