EZ Drummer 2

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

drew365

EZ Drummer 2

Post by drew365 »

I created midi drum tracks in my Mixcraft 9 DAW by creating a virtual instrument track for "kick drum" and populating the entire track one note at a time. I then did the same for the snare, toms, high hat and cymbals. I'm not happy with the tones of the tracks and would like to use EZ Drummer 2 to get better drum sounds. I've seen mentioned that I can use my midi tracks to trigger EZ Drummer, so that I can manipulate the tones, but I haven't figured out how to do that. Also, is there any way to make EZ Drummer act like a plug in rather than a stand alone app?
Acoustica Greg

Re: EZ Drummer 2

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you look for EZDrummer 2 among your virtual instruments? Maybe it's already there as a plugin.

If it's not already there, go into Plug-Ins preferences, click Edit VST/VSTi Folders, and add the folder where you installed EZDrummer 2's VST file. On my computer, it wanted to install here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VST\Toontrack

Once you add the folder, click OK, then quit Mixcraft and start it back up again.

One tip to try for anybody using Acoustica Studio Drums: switch to the presets that have "Processed" at the end, like Studio Kit Processed.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
drew365

Post by drew365 »

Thank you.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

EzDrummer used to really drive me mad with its 'unlively sound when inserted in the mix. Then, by mistake, I put a limiter plugin on it, with the threshold pushed down, and it sounded far more beefy. The same effect can be achieved with the Acoustica compressor, selecting the 'Limiter' preset, but with the threshold control pushed up to around -12.