How to make track automation scroll along with clip?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

joss

How to make track automation scroll along with clip?

Post by joss »

Sorry, it is difficult for me to read the manual in English. :oops:

the title is the question
Sorry for the translation, it may create some confusion.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
Ian Craig

Re: How to make track automation scroll along with clip?

Post by Ian Craig »

Tracks contain clips. They also contain automation.
The only clip automation is visible on the clip only in the track view.
2022-06-25 19_52_45-Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 64-Bit Build 470 - Untitled Project.mx9 _.jpg
2022-06-25 19_52_45-Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 64-Bit Build 470 - Untitled Project.mx9 _.jpg (82.52 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
joss

Post by joss »

Thank you very much for your time even inserting a screenshot.
What you say is what I will have to do if, as I understand it, Mixcraft does not have that option.
What happens is that with certain plugins the automation in the clips with Midi recording does not work for me and therefore to ensure success I have created the automations in the track.
In addition, to automate several loops and not die trying, you have to unite all of them with the discomfort that this entails if you want to modify them.
I seem to recall that in Reaper, track automations do move with the clip.
Might be another suggestion for Mixcraft 10.
Thanks again.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi.

Also to deal with several tracks all needing the same automation, you could place them all in a submix track and then automate that track, It will affect all others in the submix. Even if the whole song needs to be automated, you can do this on the master track.

There are several great video's on the subject of automation here :
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... automation

Hope this helps :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 8 gig RAM; Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio; Win 11 Pro

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
joss

Post by joss »

Muchas gracias por responder y por el fantástico enlace, tengo mucho para aprender en esos vídeos.
Pero no me confirma usted si hay opción o no de que la automatización de las pistas se desplacen junto a los clips.
En mi pais, ahora es hora de dormir. Mañana visionaré esos videotutoriales.
Muy agradecido.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Translation:
Thank you very much for answering and for the fantastic link, I have a lot to learn in those videos.
But you don't confirm if there is an option or not that the automation of the tracks moves along with the clips.
In my country, now it's time to sleep. Tomorrow I will watch those video tutorials.
Very thankful.

Clip automation will stay with that particular clip - it can be moved anywhere and the automation will stay with it.
Track automation will stay on the track. If clips are moved over track automation, they will react to their own automation plus the track automation.
Example, let's say you had an automated clip extending from bar 4 to 8. Any automation will stay on that clip wherever you move it - so if it moves to start at bar 20, the automation will be the same.
But if you have track automation from bar 4 to 8 (let's say a volume reduction) ANY clip that is in that position will be affected by it.
So the answer as I see it is that automation on a clip will move with the clip, but track automation will not.
Please correct me if I'm wrong fellas :roll:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 8 gig RAM; Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio; Win 11 Pro

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

trevlyns wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:16 pm
Clip automation will stay with that particular clip - it can be moved anywhere and the automation will stay with it.
Track automation will stay on the track. If clips are moved over track automation, they will react to their own automation plus the track automation.
Example, let's say you had an automated clip extending from bar 4 to 8. Any automation will stay on that clip wherever you move it - so if it moves to start at bar 20, the automation will be the same.
But if you have track automation from bar 4 to 8 (let's say a volume reduction) ANY clip that is in that position will be affected by it.
So the answer as I see it is that automation on a clip will move with the clip, but track automation will not.
Well put Trev :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6