Support for Arturia Keylabs 88 Key in Mx9 Pro?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zoolrander

Support for Arturia Keylabs 88 Key in Mx9 Pro?

Post by zoolrander »

Hi all,

I have been using the Mixcraft Pro 9 for a few month now and getting pretty used to the workflows and prefer it to the Cake Walk Studio DAW i had and reaper. But a frustration i have is it doesnt seem to want to work right with the controller elements of my Arturia Keyboard.

I have set up the Mackie stuff as suggested in other posts but the best I get is the play/record keys and track one of the mixer working (with a delayed response).

Has anyone ever managed to get the Arturia Keyboards set up to take advantage of all it's conrtollers?

Any help would be most appreciated!!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Support for Arturia Keylabs 88 Key in Mx9 Pro?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't believe the Keylab 88 has Mackie Control, so you should turn that off. That only works for devices that use that protocol.

For most MIDI controllers, you would use Mixcraft's MIDI Learn feature to map the controls.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
zoolrander

Post by zoolrander »

Hi Greg,

the Arturia website has this "Not only does KeyLab 88 MkII offer thorough DAW control using the industry standard Mackie HUI data language, it also features 10 presets for some of the most popular recording software titles out there."

Looking in the suppled Midi App that comes with the program the DAW Map options are MCU or HUI (defaults to MCU) so i assumed it would work:(

Unfortunately 1 of the 10 isnt Mixcraft but i thought the support for Mackie HUI language would work - or is that not supported in Mixcraft?

thanks
Phil
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Look in your Keylab 88 help manual to see how to check which control mode you're in.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
KrisDA

Post by KrisDA »

zoolrander wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:15 pm Hi Greg,

the Arturia website has this "Not only does KeyLab 88 MkII offer thorough DAW control using the industry standard Mackie HUI data language, it also features 10 presets for some of the most popular recording software titles out there."

Looking in the suppled Midi App that comes with the program the DAW Map options are MCU or HUI (defaults to MCU) so i assumed it would work:(

Unfortunately 1 of the 10 isnt Mixcraft but i thought the support for Mackie HUI language would work - or is that not supported in Mixcraft?

thanks
Phil
Any luck with this issue? Going through the same thing with my Arturia KeyLab Essential 49.

Thanks.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Check out this post. It may help put you on the right track (pun intended)

https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... ab#p149018
KrisDA

Post by KrisDA »

cactus-head wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:44 am Check out this post. It may help put you on the right track (pun intended)

https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... ab#p149018
Thanks! This did help some, but I think I'm still having some issues with mapping the KeyLab Essential 49 to the additional VST 'Analog Lab V' provided by Arturia.

Thanks again!