Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio upgrade

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

TheCadd

Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio upgrade

Post by TheCadd »

Hi,
With the hopefully imminent release of Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio does Acoustica have good upgrade prices on new releases.
Just wondering if I purchase the Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio now ( while it is on sale ) and the new Studio 10 comes out soon after my purchase is there a worthwhile upgrade price to V10 or should I just wait till V10 is released.
Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio upgrade

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The upgrade price hasn't been set yet, but we always try to keep it affordable. Here's an example of what we have in place now (there's an upgrade sale at the moment): https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/upgrades

The release of Mixcraft 10 isn't imminent, we're still adding stuff. We need to stop adding stuff, and start testing what's there. We hope to release by the end of this year, but that will depend on how everything goes.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

It's going to be extremely tempting to upgrade right away when 10 is released. I guess it'd be wise though to wait out some of the initial release bugs and glitches and get it a few updates later. Is it true that 10 will focus a lot more on the visual appearance and aesthetic stuff?
ouchris2

Post by ouchris2 »

They usually have really good upgrade sales ($29? $39?). What I would like to see, is graduated discount depending on how long you've been using MX..I think I started with MX 6 :).
topstan

Post by topstan »

Don't get me wrong. I love Mixcraft. It's easy to use and I already know how to use it. I own other DAWs but haven't wanted to make the switch. Now, here comes the BUT...

Two years+ is too long to wait for an upgrade. I almost gave up on Mixcraft 9 and then it was released. I keep worrying that Mixcraft is going to become an abandoned product, then I will have to switch to another DAW, perhaps at a time when it is inconvenient to do so. If I could have one "feature" for future versions of Mixcraft, it would be that you commit to releasing a new version on more-or-less a yearly basis. I would be more than happy to pay the same upgrade price for LESS, just to be reassured that Mixcraft is a living product. I am waiting for Mixcraft 10 and ready to upgrade, but I find myself in the same spot I was in just before 9 came out and wondering if I should upgrade the other DAW that is sitting on my hard drive and get to the job of learning it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're still hard at work on Mixcraft 10. It's taking a while, because we went back into some old spaghetti code and updated it. We've also redone the graphics so Mixcraft 10 will scale better on high resolution monitors.

We don't like to release software before it's ready just to meet a deadline.

More info will be made available as we get closer to release in the coming months.

Thank you for your patience and all your support!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
careyletendre

Post by careyletendre »

topstan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:07 am Two years+ is too long to wait for an upgrade.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

This great DAW does everything I need right now...except to be a better host to all these new and incredible composition plugin tools like Scaler2 that expand notes to chords and/or riffs that I would love to record to a new midi track. The loopbe1 workaround solution is clumsy and problematic. I don't want to see MC get cluttered to save a keystroke or two, but it does need to keep up with the capability of newer VSTs.

I did try some highly touted, powerful DAWS and you know what? Nope, LOL. The effort actually helped me understand why MC did things the way they did. It is obvious to me they are musicians.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

topstan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:07 am If I could have one "feature" for future versions of Mixcraft, it would be that you commit to releasing a new version on more-or-less a yearly basis.
That's more or less ridiculous. I would far rather a company release something worth releasing that really and truly is a worthwhile major upgrade and oh btw is stable vs releasing something just for the sake of releasing something and it's not worth the effort or cost at all, i.e. the Microsoft business model.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

gaffster wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 pm This great DAW does everything I need right now...except to be a better host to all these new and incredible composition plugin tools like Scaler2 that expand notes to chords and/or riffs that I would love to record to a new midi track. The loopbe1 workaround solution is clumsy and problematic. I don't want to see MC get cluttered to save a keystroke or two, but it does need to keep up with the capability of newer VSTs.

I did try some highly touted, powerful DAWS and you know what? Nope, LOL. The effort actually helped me understand why MC did things the way they did. It is obvious to me they are musicians.
Exactly. I've tried most of the major DAWs out there and Mixcraft was the only one that didn't have me spending far more time trudging through documentation for even the simplest of functions than should be necessary. And Pro Fools was among the worst.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

mixyguy2 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:33 pm
gaffster wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 pm This great DAW does everything I need right now...except to be a better host to all these new and incredible composition plugin tools like Scaler2 that expand notes to chords and/or riffs that I would love to record to a new midi track. The loopbe1 workaround solution is clumsy and problematic. I don't want to see MC get cluttered to save a keystroke or two, but it does need to keep up with the capability of newer VSTs.

Exactly. I've tried most of the major DAWs out there and Mixcraft was the only one that didn't have me spending far more time trudging through documentation for even the simplest of functions than should be necessary. And Pro Fools was among the worst.
Pro Fools. LOL :lol: I guess we could start riffing off the other names.
UnAbleton
Fruity Poops
Garbageband
P.U.Base
Illogic Pro
UnReason

(Just for the record. I don't hate any of these. Just having fun. I left some out for others to add if they want.)
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it! :mrgreen:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
clavguy