Midi editing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

edng

Midi editing

Post by edng »

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of commands or functions for the below?

1. Record midi performance in bars. Currently it captures in whatever duration that's played, so I've to manually edit it to closest bar.

2. Return to start position after stopping.

3. Split midi notes easily without having to redraw or cut paste.

Thank you!

Edmund
Ed
Sturdy

Re: Midi editing

Post by Sturdy »

To return to start position: in preference menu, go to interface, and select "auto rewind to start position ..."

On midi, I think if you set loop points prior to recording it'll create the right length midi without editing/triming the extra. You'll need to delete the lane with extra overage, but that's a pretty simple press of delete key in that case.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

as far as the split notes part - I'm guessing you want to break up chords into indvidual tracks or something? I'm not 100% sure what you mean here.

There's a VST called NoteMapper that will allow you to split notes or events however you want. So for example, if you had a drum MIDI part all on 1 track, you could split out all of the notes to different MIDI channels (thus tracks when the individual tracks are set to receive only on a specific channel) .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

To split notes, turn off the piano roll snap, drag a thin selection box across the note, and press Delete.

Greg

Splitting a MIDI note.
Splitting a MIDI note.
splitanotemx9.png (27.19 KiB) Viewed 540 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101