Mixcraft 9 pro vst3 Kontakt issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anders Hauge

Mixcraft 9 pro vst3 Kontakt issues

Post by Anders Hauge »

Hi ,
I`m trying to open Kontakt 67.1 vst3 but it works so slow. Why is that?
Doesn`t your software support vst3?
I`m running windows 10 on ryzen 5800x, 64 gig Ram, nvme storage.

Anders
FluMusic

Re: Mixcraft 9 pro vst3 Kontakt issues

Post by FluMusic »

i run vst3 on mixcraft, but have had one or two instances with plugins (not kontakt) having issues running vst3.

i also have kontakt version 6, but mine is a .dll file. It runs very quick in mixcraft. if you are able to run kontakt as a .dll maybe try that instead.
Anders Hauge

Post by Anders Hauge »

Yeah, the regular kontakt plugin works just fine, but in cubase, the vst3 works so much faster.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you have build 470 of Mixcraft, and also the latest update for Kontakt 6.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

VST 3 can be hit or miss. Steinberg, the creator of Virtual Studio Technology, is also the publisher of Cubase. They have deprecated VST2.4 and have really embraced VST3. As the creator of VST3 I am not surprised that Cubase would have the greatest compatibility with VST3. I don't normally bother with VST3 for two main reasons: graphics glitches still occur and if the plugin does not have a built in preset manager, Mixcraft 8 and 9 will not show the presets as they will do with VST2.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Build 470 of Mixcraft 9 fixes miscellaneous VST3 issues, and one of them was a problem displaying the GUI of the Kontakt VST3 plugin.
FreddoBee

Post by FreddoBee »

V469 fixed the problems that I was having with VST GUIs.

Thank so much for the fix, it was driving me crazy. I even went and bought another DAW (Reaper) but now back to my beloved Mixcraft!

I want to install V470 but I have no idea where my Registration key can be found. Anyone?

Trying to update from within Mixcraft gives me a message that the URL can't be found on the server so I download manually V470 but now concerned that it won't be registered.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Build 469 didn't fix any Kontakt problems, but build 470 does. I do know the makers of Kontakt have released updates that fixed some issues, though.

In regard to your Mixcraft registration, try to remember which email you used to register Mixcraft, and then log into your Acoustica customer account. If you need help figuring it it, you should contact customer support directly (for privacy reasons): https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new

Give them any helpful tips you can think of that will help them find your registration, like possible email addresses, order numbers, etc.

Greg
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Thomas wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:47 pm I don't normally bother with VST3 for two main reasons: graphics glitches still occur
Preach it! I have had issues with VST3 plugins and tried several different DAWs (out of desperation...no way am I leaving Mixcraft), same issue. VST3 stinks. I see zero benefit and only issues.
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

mixyguy2 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm
Thomas wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:47 pm I don't normally bother with VST3 for two main reasons: graphics glitches still occur
Preach it! I have had issues with VST3 plugins and tried several different DAWs (out of desperation...no way am I leaving Mixcraft), same issue. VST3 stinks. I see zero benefit and only issues.
I too haven't seen any benefit to using VsT3. I guess it's supposed to take up less CPU while in use compared with VST2? I experience more crashes with VST3 and haven't yet seen any notable difference worth using it over the other. Lately I"ve been declining to even install VST3 in setup of software and just going with VST2.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology

I see zero benefit and will continue to avoid it like the plague.