Doubling

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clivea

Doubling

Post by clivea »

I have chronic arhritis in all my fingers which makes 'doubling' almost impossible, especially on the faster numbers, so I am having to resort to other means.

In Mixcraft, is it possible to get the clear sound of two guitars as if doubling?

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Rgds - Clive
TrevsAudio

Re: Doubling

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi Clive

Not sure if this is what you mean... I've duplicated the rhythm guitar track just as an example.

First, select the second guitar track, then go to the sound tab. There you will be able to offset the selected track. Try small amounts first and then adjust to taste. In this example, I could go from 1.4.786 to say 1.5.0.

Hope this helps :D

Offset.png
Offset.png (170.44 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
outteh

Post by outteh »

You can also record your single guitar track then duplicate it. In the duplicate track, move the file ever so slightly to the right. This offsets the second track from the first and gives a "doubling" effect. There are numerous doubling effects VST's out there and many chorus effects act as doublers. :D
FluMusic

Post by FluMusic »

outteh wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:24 am You can also record your single guitar track then duplicate it. In the duplicate track, move the file ever so slightly to the right. This offsets the second track from the first and gives a "doubling" effect. There are numerous doubling effects VST's out there and many chorus effects act as doublers. :D
yeah this. just duplicate the track and play with it a bit to get the doubling effect you want
clivea

Post by clivea »

Thanks guys for your help.

Rgds - Clive
aj113

Post by aj113 »

The best way is steal parts. For example, if there are two or more choruses, paste a later one below an earlier one and vice-versa. You may end up with a few sections not doubled but you could get creative on those sections.
clivea

Post by clivea »

Thanks for that.
I’ll certainly try it.

Rgds - Clive