AXE I/O no input

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BlueAgave25

AXE I/O no input

Post by BlueAgave25 »

Hi all,

I just upgraded my Mixcraft 6 to version 9 and replaced my old Line 6 UX1 with IK Multimedia AXE IO interface. I can't seem to get any sound out of the AXE after loading the VST. After I installed all the drivers for Axe and installed Amplitude 5max I can use Amplitude in stand alone mode just fine. In Mixcraft, I added the folder where the Amplitude VST resides and re-scanned and it found it.

In Preferences, I set the Sound Device Default Recording Device = Line in 1/2 (IK Multimedia AXE IO).

I added a track, in fx I can open Amplitude just fine. When I Arm it and try to set the Device I see AXE IO listed - it has Midi Channels listed from 1 - 24. Not sure that is correct, none of the channels allow me to hear or record any input.

I must be missing something, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Re: AXE I/O no input

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It sounds like you added a virtual instrument track. What are you trying to record? If you're trying to record audio, you need to add and arm an audio track.

Check out this video on how to record audio track in Mixcraft: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/videos/m ... n-mixcraft

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101