Projects suddenly silent- totally baffled

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jules_alex

Projects suddenly silent- totally baffled

Post by jules_alex »

Here’s an odd one I’ve recently had. Record a few audio tracks for a new project, tweaked a few effects, when I go back to the track & play it- while the meters all show its playing- there’s no sound out of my headphones (or I also removed my Focusrite and ran directly through the PC’s speakers with the same result), tried a different project and that played back fine. Finally tried mixing the noiseless project down to a WAV file and again, despite it showing there was sound on the meters- it was silent.
This has happened to a couple of projects and I’m totally baffled. Mixcraft 9, Windows 10, 16 gig, Focurite scarlett 2I2. Anyone any ideas?
The murky recesses of my psyche converted to sound- https://soundcloud.com/jules-alex-l
Acoustica Greg

Re: Projects suddenly silent- totally baffled

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So, you've got the correct playback device selected in Sound Device preferences, because other projects play right now, correct?

In that case, look to see whether any tracks are soloed. Also check to see whether there's master track volume automation. (Most likely a track is soloed).

If these suggestions don't help, please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us the project file and we'll check it out.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101