Import of Midi file question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Import of Midi file question

Post by BillW »

I have a midi track I want to use - and assign a Kontakt instrument - either Chris Hein Horns or Chris Hein Strings

But when I do that, it won't play. It plays fine with any of the Accoustica instruments an some other selections. I suspect there is something about the format of the midi that Kontakt doesn't recognize.

One option that I REALLY don't want to do is enter the notes one by one. But it's pretty complex.

I wonder if the is a way to edit the midi file (either in Mixcraft or somewhere else to see what parameter might be causing the issue?
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
gaffster

Re: Import of Midi file question

Post by gaffster »

You might wanna try transposing the midi track up/down an octave or two to make sure you are in the valid range.
Click on the midi track, then in lower left corner of MC window select sound tab->transpose.
BillW

Post by BillW »

Appreciate the suggestion but when I hit my mini-keyboard within the same range of the notes in the impanated file, they play fine.

I experimented with another project file and copied a midi track I created (organ) to a Kontakt track and it played fine.

So my working theory is it's the fact it's a midi file from another source rather than one created by Mixcraft. Though those files files play ok if I choose non-Kontak instruments.

Again, it seems to be a Kontakt issue and not Mixcraft.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a midi-editor where I can see parameters or whatever.

I suspect there is some embellishment or dynamic or something Kontakt can't interpret or tries to and can't.

I wonder if there is a way to take the midi notes or the notes on the piano roll and copy /paste on new clip rather than copying the clip itself.

Or another idea - can I import a score and have Mixcraft create a simple midi from it?

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
BillW

Post by BillW »

FOUND IT!

They are set at mdi channel 8; if I enter it myself it's midi channel 1

So I selected all the notes, changed the channel to 1, and it plays!!

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Thanks for taking the time to post the solution you found!
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101