Acoustica not supporting Spin-It-Again

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

rnmerchant

Acoustica not supporting Spin-It-Again

Post by rnmerchant »

"Hi,

MusicBrainz must have changed something again. Spin It Again is a very old product, and we're not updating it anymore.

AcousticaGreg"

This has come up before, but I have to say it again that I don't get it.

I start with the premise that Acoustica is a reputable, and even a "good" company. They program and sell nice software. They've been around for quite a long time, updating software as it goes.

Acoustica still markets SpinItAgain. The user forum show 10's of thousands of views of the SpinItAgain subForum.

I am not a programmer but a single volunteer user came up with a solution for this problem and posted it online and had it functional for a number of years. Now it is not working. I would just have to imagine that it would take a skilled Acoustica-employed programmer only a few hours to come up with a similar solution (ie. pointing the software to a klduge workaround hosted by Acoustica), or even a tiny bit more to actually fix the program so it work.

Why would a reputable company not take on this task? Even if they dont' want to spend hundreds of hours updating the program - quite possibly because it actually doesn't need any such work, because it works perfectly well as it is except for this one little problem - why not the couple of hours.

Come on folks!

Thanks

Richard