ez drummer 3 does not output drums on mixdown mixcraft 9 pro

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

dk777

ez drummer 3 does not output drums on mixdown mixcraft 9 pro

Post by dk777 »

I just recently bought ez drummer 3 for use with mixcraft 9 pro studio. There are no issues, while working in the daw, works flawlessly. However, when I go to export a finished song to mp3/wav format, there are no drums on the final mixdown.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows why this is happening. Thanks for any help
Acoustica Greg

Re: ez drummer 3 does not output drums on mixdown mixcraft 9 pro

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please try the suggestions in this pinned post: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=24566

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
dk777

Post by dk777 »

Thanks for your reply. I don't think that's the problem. In the DAW, being Mixcraft 9 pro studio, it records the drums just fine. It's when you go to mix it down, it seems Mixcraft can't process the ez drummer 3 file. I recorded a drum track in Reaper and it exported the ex drummer 3 file just fine.

I also tried Neurton 4 in Mixcraft and it worked fine with 1 or 2 instruments but crashed the cpu, when I added drums and bass.

I could and am probaly, wrong on my 2 assumptions above but it's what I'm going through using 3rd party plugins in Mixcraft 9.

Thanks for your help, Acoustica Greg!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Lots of people use EZDrummer 3 in Mixcraft. Try my suggestion! More specifically, try mixing down to a wav file that has the sample rate as the one you're using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences.

I'm making this suggestion because some plugins can't handle sample rate changes on mix down. It might not even be EZDrummer, it could be some other plugin you're using.

Greg
notanexit

Post by notanexit »

Hi,
I assume I have the same problem. The MIDI-track I want to get an output with EZdrummer from just stays silent in the mix. No matter if I use WAV oder MP3.

I also tried to copy the track to a completely new file and mix it with the settings in my preferences. It always stays silent in the output track. Just all the other instruments can be heard...

After the mix (and upon start of mixcraft) the track with the EZdrummer VST also ist silent again. So I choose a different VST and than rechoose EZdrummer to be able to use it. Is that normal?

I installed EZdrummer on my second PC where it works fine and I dont have any issues.

I have no idea what else I could do.....

I would be very please I someone had an idea...

thanx!
Greg
Last edited by notanexit on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate as the one you're using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences. For example, if you look in Sound Device preferences, and you're using a sample rate of 48000 Hz, then you should mix down to a wav file with that same sample rate. Click Edit Details when you go to mix down to find the sample rate options.

Why? Because some plugins don't work correctly if the sample rate changes upon mix down. It might not even be EZDrummer, it might be some other plugin in the project.

Greg
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

I frequently have a problem with EZD too. Although V2. It just won‘t play. It plays as soon as I open the Virtual Instrument control surface (still MX level) that invokes the GUI.
C# or Bb!
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

aquataur wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:42 am I frequently have a problem with EZD too. Although V2. It just won‘t play. It plays as soon as I open the Virtual Instrument control surface (still MX level) that invokes the GUI.
There must be at least one empty midi clip on the track, otherwise EZ Drummer will not start during playback. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Patrick
notanexit

Post by notanexit »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:55 pm Hi,

Try mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate as the one you're using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences. For example, if you look in Sound Device preferences, and you're using a sample rate of 48000 Hz, then you should mix down to a wav file with that same sample rate. Click Edit Details when you go to mix down to find the sample rate options.

Why? Because some plugins don't work correctly if the sample rate changes upon mix down. It might not even be EZDrummer, it might be some other plugin in the project.

Greg
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I already tried this. I can´t choose WAVE driver on the computer with the problem just ASIO. With the on working, I choose WAVE and the EZ are in the mix...
Any other ideas?
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

The track was there.
It‘s a sissy.
C# or Bb!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

notanexit wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 am Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I already tried this. I can´t choose WAVE driver on the computer with the problem just ASIO. With the on working, I choose WAVE and the EZ are in the mix...
Any other ideas?
Hi,

The suggestion about mixing down to the same sample rate applies if you can hear the desired audio before you mix down, but it's missing in the mixed down file. Just to clarify:

In ASIO mode, click Open Mixer to see which sample rate you're using for Mixcraft.

Then, when you go to mix down, click Edit Details, Specify Setting, then Configure.

Greg

In this example, I'm using 48000 Hz in Sound Device preferences, so I want to mix down to a Wave file with a sample rate of 48000 Hz:

Specify audio file settings.
Specify audio file settings.
specifysettings48000HzMX10.png (93.14 KiB) Viewed 13746 times
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Windows audio settings are in System > Sound > More sound settings. Make sure asio device is default and settings match in Properties > Advanced.

For the record, I've never had an issue with EZD 2 or 3 and I use them a lot. I'm sure you'll find the cause, hopefully a simple fix.

M