Weird VST Behavior

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

StarliteRatchet

Re: Weird VST Behavior

Post by StarliteRatchet »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:21 pm Hi,

Are you sure Amplitube 5 is installed correctly? Did you just run the installer, or did you copy or move the VST files around at all? You could try uninstalling it completely, including deleting any VST files that got copied, then install it again.
Actually, to perform the update, I had to completely uninstall and reinstall it - it was the only way I could receive the latest update. Bit weird, but it definitely worked, as I could see if reflected onto the plugin, once I opened it in Mixcraft. And to be clear, I performed the install using the IK Product Manager. No manual moving of VST files.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I have to mention that, because some people install a plugin, notice that Mixcraft's not finding it, then move the VST DLL file to a different folder to get Mixcraft to find it (instead of letting Mixcraft know where the VST folder is in Plug-Ins preferences).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
StarliteRatchet

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:38 pm Hi,

I have to mention that, because some people install a plugin, notice that Mixcraft's not finding it, then move the VST DLL file to a different folder to get Mixcraft to find it (instead of letting Mixcraft know where the VST folder is in Plug-Ins preferences).

Greg
For sure. In this case, I just used the Product Manager. Presumably, it placed the VST.dll into the default VST directory that Mixcraft is already looking at, because I didn't have to do any additional setup to get Amplitude to run, beyond installing using the Product Manager.
StarliteRatchet

Afternoon All!

Dropping another update here - it looks like I'm continuing to have this issue, this time with a different plugin. I'm noticing this same behavior with the Vital wavetable synth, where when opening the project and trying to open the virtual instrument, it shows up blank.

I've updated the case I opened with support about this, so just leaving that update here as well. We'll see what they say about it.
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

I saw something like this a time or two with MC9, but If just minimize and maximize the MC window, it resolves.
StarliteRatchet

It seems this behavior is now getting worse, after having installed the latest update of Mixcraft 10, now multiple of my VST's are exhibiting this strange behavior.

Once the plugin shows up "blank" I have to hard kill the program, because otherwise it locks everything up. I can't remove the track, because of the bugged VST. I can't close the program normally, unless I kill it manually. I can open the VST's in their standalone form just fine - but opening through Mixcraft just creates havoc.

This is incredibly frustrating. Please let me know what I can provide to you to help me get to the bottom of this.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Just to rule out the graphics card/drivers...

If your system also has an onboard video port, switch your monitor over to that one (make sure to remove the RTX 2070 too), to see if there's any difference in performance.

If you only have the 2070, experiment with the HW graphics settings using the GPU control panel.

Additionally, if the enforce Experience app is installed, go into startup and temporarily disable it (You'll need to reboot after). In fact while you're in startup, disable everything that isn't absolutely necessary.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The Vital plugin requires OpenGL 3 or higher. Check and see whether your graphics card supports that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101