Motu M2 issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Raidx

Motu M2 issue

Post by Raidx »

Hi,

I have been using Mixcraft since version 5 and never had any issue. I just love Mixcraft.

I have changed my soundcard last week (going from a Steinberg to a Motu M2). Since I swap (and I uninstalled the drivers from the Steinberg card), I cannot record, it will just start doing the windows circle like its computing something but nothing happens. I cannot save a Mixcraft template (again Windows ring turn for ever) and I cannot save a mixcraft project (same behavior again).

I installed the latest M2 drivers and updated the firmware.

Still, I can start Mixcraft with 4 tracks for example and add my Fx to my audio track and set the left and right input on different track and play live no issue at all... just wont let me save a new project or a template or start recording.

I dont know what to do anymore. Someone from Acoustica can help me please... I tried everything but it just timeout

It works well in Presonus Studio One Btw nbut I prefer Mixcraft a 10000 more!!

Please Help
JonInc

Re: Motu M2 issue

Post by JonInc »

A few general suggestions:

1) If you have "Generic Low Latency Driver" installed, remove it. It's installed by Steinberg devices and has been known to cause issues. (No, you don't need it).

2) Plug your M2 into a different USB port. The M2 is a USB 2 device, and ideally should be plugged into a USB2 port. Modern PCs are equipped with USB3 ports that are supposed to be 100% backwards-compatible, but in reality that's not always the case. For reference sake, USB2 ports have a black strip, while the USB3 strip is blue.

3) Make sure you have the latest build of MC. Inside MC check all of your settings (Driver choice, buffer size, etc).

4) If the M2 driver has a control panel, check those settings as well.
Raidx

Post by Raidx »

Hi and thx for replying.

I don’t have any generic drivers installed. I uninstalled all other drivers from Strindberg and went into device manager and didn’t found any generic low latency drivers

Swapped the M2 into a USB2 port and no change.

Latest update of mixcraft is installed (including loops and everything).

I do have a small control panel for M2 but it’s really generic (set your sample rate and basic stuff) I tried to match card setting from mixcraft or set my own setting and same result for both

I still need help!! Please

Anyone with a M2 MOTU that doesn’t have issues?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We were having problems with some Motus in that series, and the workaround was to use ASIO4All. That problem is fixed in Mixcraft 10.

But you could send in your log file so we can see if there's something else going on.

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101