DAW MIDI clock to external device

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cmitchell21

DAW MIDI clock to external device

Post by cmitchell21 »

I feel that I am missing something here. I've been trying to hook up my Korg Wavestate to my computer in a way that would allow me to control the tempo of the wavestate with my DAW.

I've tried a combination of all three of these connections as well as all at once:

MIDI Out of Focusrite audio interface -> MIDI In on the wavestate
Instrument out of Wavestate -----------> Instrument In on Focusrite audio interface
USB out of Wavestate -------------------> PC

Wavestate end: I've gone into 'Utilities' and changed the clock setting from internal to external

Mixcraft end: In a new Virtual Instrument Track, I've selected 'External MIDI Devices', selected the 'generic MIDI device' that shows up when I plug my wavestate in via the USB connection, and checked the box at the bottom of the settings that says to send clock

Am I missing something in regards to sending and receiving MIDI clock information? All I want to do is control the tempo of my wavestate with Mixcraft.

If anyone out there has any help, tricks, or suggestions I would really appreciate it. I feel like I've tried everything I can think of at this point.

If it means anything: I have Mixcraft 9 Pro
Acoustica Greg

Re: DAW MIDI clock to external device

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I passed it along to the team.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101