Mastering Software

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BanjoGuy55

Re: Mastering Software

Post by BanjoGuy55 »

I typically use Ozone 8 Standard or Ozone 9 Elements, but also use Brainworx Masterdesk for a quick-and-dirty master. It's a 4-step process, all on one screen, that works pretty well. There are three versions. The Classic version is available for free when you sign up with Plugin Alliance. Basically it's the same program as the Standard and new Pro versions, but with a few less features. 14-day fully-functioning demos are available. Worth a look, I think.

As with all PA plugins, they go on sale fairly often, so maybe get the Classic for free or the Standard/Pro demo until the next sale rolls around.
Sturdy

Re: Mastering Software

Post by Sturdy »

gmpolin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:00 pm So far I am really happy with Black Box HG-2. It was very useful for my current work. The setting "Airy Vocal" added a nice touch to my vocals, and the drum kit came alive with a drum preset. I have absolutely no idea what the controls do, but the presets are very useful. Is there a guide or a manual anywhere that actually explains how to craft your own presets?
Glad you tried it out. I watched several of the videos on the plugin alliance website and I think there are some good videos on use on youtube. Like you mention, I also often like the air button for the smooth top end boost. There's lots of hype in many product demos/videos, but if you just kindof tune that out there's some good demo content showing usage - with some examples easier to hear what's happening than others. This video linked below I think is good - I think it shows boosting the pentode and triode saturations just a bit and then backs off on the output level to keep level roughly the same while showing how it just making things fatter. Anyhow, this video I thought was really good in helping hear what is happening, and I found it useful on mix buss. (I think this usage is similar to mix01 preset if it's available).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_sNFLnZmsc

There's other useful demos out there also I watched, but I remember watching the one above for sure. I think he's demoing the MS version of the plug, but lots of controls are similar.