Updating AWE32 music in Mixcraft 9

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Updating AWE32 music in Mixcraft 9

Post by Ian Craig »

This is one of my tracks from the period 1996-2000 that I have managed to recover to work on again. Track 3 is a remaster of the original version & the other tracks are updates manifesting in slightly different directions.
It's taken over 20 years to be able to get my AWE32 soundbanks deconstructed and reconstructed from .sbk format to firstly .SF2 then .SFZ format so that I can use them together with a useable version of Voyetra software so I could translate my .orc (Midi Orchestrator files) into .mid (Midi file format) and get back to potentially edit the workingh files. The final version of the Voyetra Software 'Record Producer Deluxe' couldn't be used even though I had a license for it as Voyetra made it so you had to login to their website before the program would run. They went bankrupt and left the work of users of the software unreachable and the users stranded, until someone cracked the software putting instructions on the internet how to get into the program. This involved having to copy pages of Hex Code using a Hex Editor (which took an age for me to get right the first time). Anyway, that's why it took over 20 years to get back to this point of potential use
credits
released June 6, 2023

https://iancraig1.bandcamp.com/album/js ... 23-updates
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6