Re-Scan All VSTs in Mixcraft 10 Issue

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Chef David

Re-Scan All VSTs in Mixcraft 10 Issue

Post by Chef David »

Hello,

I recently purchased Abbey Road Studio 3 VST Plug-in from Waves Audio. I run many other Abbey Road Plug-Ins with no problem. MX10 Pro shows all of them when I add FX to a track. Waves installer, App Waves Central, shows the AR Studio 3 as installed, registered, activated. Yet when I rescan all VSTs in MX10 Pro it brings up the scanning progress dialog screen for only about 10 seconds and it just closes without (apparently) completing the re-scan. I think I know this because a re-scan of VSTs in MX9 Pro takes a couple minutes. AND when I tested in MX9 the Abbey Road Studio 3 VST shows up in the VST FX Options just fine.

Therefore, I suspect that my new MX10 Pro is not properly scanning and/or rescanning *all* VSTs and I have no idea where to go from here.

Here is one more nugget: If I open Waves Studio Rack VST Plug-in (which is a chain management utility) in MX10 Pro I can load the Abbey Road Studio 3 VST into one of the rack slots! LOL.

Please help because I have nowhere else to turn. :cry: David
Acoustica Greg

Re: Re-Scan All VSTs in Mixcraft 10 Issue

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

The initial scan for Mixcraft 10 can take a very long time because we are gathering new information like manufacturer name (if it's in the plugin). Subsequent scans are just adding to what was gleaned before.

But first, click on the File menu and select Plug-In Manager. Do you see the missing plugin anywhere in there, like maybe under "Unable to Load" or "Disabled?" Do you see a WavesShell plugin in one of those categories?

Check out this FAQ:

https://acoustica.kayako.com/article/68 ... in-manager

If you ever do want to force that super long scan again, browse to this folder: %programdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Delete these files:
vst2ShellPluginData.xml
vst2PluginData.xml
nonPluginDLLs.ini
vst3PluginData.xml
VSTignore7.ini

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

"The initial scan for Mixcraft 10 can take a very long time"

Confirmed.
And it taunted me the whole time...
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Hah!

Of course, if someone doesn't want to go through all that again, but still force more of a re-scan, they could delete just "vst3PluginData.xml," for example. But before doing that, there are all sorts of other reasons a plugin might not show up, and re-scanning won't necessarily help.

Greg
Chef David

Post by Chef David »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:17 am HI,

The initial scan for Mixcraft 10 can take a very long time because we are gathering new information like manufacturer name (if it's in the plugin). Subsequent scans are just adding to what was gleaned before.

But first, click on the File menu and select Plug-In Manager. Do you see the missing plugin anywhere in there, like maybe under "Unable to Load" or "Disabled?" Do you see a WavesShell plugin in one of those categories?

Check out this FAQ:

https://acoustica.kayako.com/article/68 ... in-manager

If you ever do want to force that super long scan again, browse to this folder: %programdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Delete these files:
vst2ShellPluginData.xml
vst2PluginData.xml
nonPluginDLLs.ini
vst3PluginData.xml
VSTignore7.ini

Greg
Hello Greg,
Thanks for responding. I did find the Wave Shell files you referenced under plugin manager under the unable to load designation and I did toggle them to attempt to load. At no time have I seen a safe made option. I closed MX10P and upon opening, even after another rescan attempt the Abbey Road Studio 3 VST still doesn't appear. I do have a support ticket into Waves to see if they have thoughts. I just bought new headphones ($$$) to specifically use with this plug-in for studio reference monitoring so I sure hope we can figure out what's what here. I guess it is possible that something is corrupted with the ARStudio3 from the Waves side.

Do you have any further thoughts?

BTW, I hoped the fast re-scan was a result of the initial slow scan not being required every time which is a nice new feature evidently.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Try putting the location of the wave shell files into the scan locator then rescan.

M
Chef David

Post by Chef David »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:09 pm Try putting the location of the wave shell files into the scan locator then rescan.

M
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I can see the file pathways for the wave shell files but I can't locate the scan locator - unless you're referring to adding a folder but if so, that pathway is already added c:programfiles\common\vst3 so I am probably floundering here. LOL
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Try
C:Programfiles(86)Waves
There's also a subfolder in there V14

Worth a shot.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Safe mode is not available for VST3 plugins (and also 32-bit plugins, because they are always in safe mode in 64-bit Mixcraft). VST3 plugins go here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

or here:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\VST3

One of the things that's different about VST3 is that the VST3 standard calls for a standard VST folder.

Greg
Chef David

Post by Chef David »

What I don't understand is why the Abbey Road Studio 3 Plugin works in MX9 but not MX10 - it is clearly loaded on my machine. In fact, ARStudio3 was installed after I upgraded to MX10. What is the difference? I see all the proper vst folders in their proper places, etc.

Why is it loading in MX9 and not MX10? Hmmmm... :?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Let's figure it out. Please send us your mixcraft-log.txt file from Mixcraft 9 and your mixcraft10-log.txt file from Mixcraft 10.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

For Mixcraft 10, go into General preferences and click Show Logs.

Mixcraft 10 logs are in a Logs subfolder:
%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\Logs\

Greg
Chef David

Post by Chef David »

Hi Greg,

I submitted the trouble ticket as suggested. Thanks.

David