MPC Software not recording in MIXCRAFT

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ibwestchef

MPC Software not recording in MIXCRAFT

Post by Ibwestchef »

Ok, so this was mentioned, but never closed a couple of years back.

I'm struggling to record from my MPC-X into Mixcraft. Can any of you kind people please help me out? My MPC software boots as a Vst and is recognized in Mixcraft. I have volume control, but when I press record there is no midi data being recorded there.
I've loaded my MPC within Mixcraft Pro 10 as a vst and have individual pads routed within the program. They are recognized VOLUME ETC, but they will not record. I do not have this problem when I use Battery 4 as a drum module. The routing works as above, but I'm able to record midi creating child tracks and effect each individually.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-24 141337 2.png
Screenshot 2023-07-24 141337 2.png (225.52 KiB) Viewed 8261 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: MPC Software not recording in MIXCRAFT

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

How are you trying to record with it?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Ibwestchef wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:21 am Ok, so this was mentioned, but never closed a couple of years back.

I'm struggling to record from my MPC-X into Mixcraft. Can any of you kind people please help me out? My MPC software boots as a Vst and is recognized in Mixcraft. I have volume control, but when I press record there is no midi data being recorded there.
I've loaded my MPC within Mixcraft Pro 10 as a vst and have individual pads routed within the program. They are recognized VOLUME ETC, but they will not record. I do not have this problem when I use Battery 4 as a drum module. The routing works as above, but I'm able to record midi creating child tracks and effect each individually.
You have to click on each 'Arm' of the outputs to the left of the image you put and it will work.
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:46 am Hi,

How are you trying to record with it?

Greg

Like I would with any other VST. I want to use the software for my drums
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Guaresneider wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:58 pm
Ibwestchef wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:21 am Ok, so this was mentioned, but never closed a couple of years back.

You have to click on each 'Arm' of the outputs to the left of the image you put and it will work.
I tried, but it didn't work
Attachments
ScreenshotMPC 2.png
ScreenshotMPC 2.png (170.99 KiB) Viewed 8228 times
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

Here's the thing - if you are using a sequencer or other VST that generates its own MIDI internally and has it's own start and stop, you have to have a means of syncing it with Mixcraft.

Often a sequencer will need a trigger midi event to start. You may need to add a clip to the track with a single note that is the length of the sequence you want to play back. This MIDI event gets read by the VST and starts its clock synced to the DAW.

The second part would be to send the MIDI from the sequencer to a different track. The track that it is on is the driver, the second track would be the track to record. I don't own or use MPC but the principal I'm talking about is often a factor. Check out this video for instacomposer that demonstrates the idea:

https://youtu.be/piIE6LBf9hA
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Thanks for trying to help. Mixcraft is a no go!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ibwestchef wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:08 pm Like I would with any other VST. I want to use the software for my drums
Hi,

Can you please explain in more detail? You're trying to record MIDI, not audio, correct? Is MIDI from your MPC-X making it into Mixcraft? Do you see the MIDI In indicator at the bottom of Mixcraft's screen lighting up when the MPC-X is transmitting MIDI into your computer?

Greg
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

I want to use my MPC to record drums as midi into Mixcraft. Route each individual pad etc. I'm loading it as a VST instrument.
I haven't looked at the MIDI In indicator at the bottom of Mixcraft's screen yet, but will do so this evening. When I load drums and trigger the MPC pads the track meters light up as I play, but they will not record the midi.

Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What's generating the MIDI? Your external device or MPC?

Greg
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Well I guess you could say both.
I load the mpc software into mixcraft as a vst and trigger with the mpc pads as a controller
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Well I guess you could say both.
I load the mpc software into mixcraft as a vst and trigger with the mpc pads as a controller
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

How is the external hardware involved?

Greg
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

Has anyone ever figured this out.
Ibwestchef

Post by Ibwestchef »

I'm trying to figure out why Battery 4 will route and record, but not MPC Software as a VST. Here I'm using Mixcraft Pro 9, but it will not work in Mixcraft Pro 10 either. Everything routes, I get Midi signaled in, but it will not record and stay.
Attachments
best screen shot.png
best screen shot.png (312.65 KiB) Viewed 884 times
screen 2.png
screen 2.png (179.42 KiB) Viewed 884 times