Video start lag

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rshaf

Video start lag

Post by rshaf »

Hello everyone. I would like to thank the Mixcraft team for their excellent work. There is a question regarding the video. Now the exact work with the video is a little complicated by the constant lag at startup, approximately 1-2 seconds in which the video is uploaded to the screen, I tried options in different formats and also thought that we were talking about hard drives (HDD SSD), but a small lag is always present. This makes it very difficult to work with accurate video, when you need, for example, accurate animation voice acting and so on. For accurate work with video, I would also like to be able to switch to the frame scale. Thank you.

it's about Mx 10
Acoustica Greg

Re: Video start lag

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you don't already have build 574 or higher, check for updates to get the latest build.

Also check to see if there are any graphics card driver updates for your computer.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

Thanks a lot for the answer, I checked all the updates, but the lag video problem remained. As far as I understand, when working with a video, it is downloaded to a temporary folder from where it is called, it feels like this download happens every time I click play.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

What are your computer specs? Video rendering requires a robust system, processor and ram are paramount for optimal performance.

M
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

Thanks, about parameters : I core 7 12700 kf,memory 32gb ddr4, 3060ti video with 8gb vram.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Specs should be more than ample. You could try updating the video driver maybe? Nvidia has updates all the time.

M
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

I already update all drivers but have same problem.
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

Summing up, I tried many different solutions, including a new build and reinstalling the software, but nothing helps. That is, when I turn on the video in the added track, there is a delay, it feels like the program is really constantly rendering the video track and this loads the video card. Glitches and friezes are no more than two seconds, but at this stage it is very critical for professional work. I think that maybe it's in the internal processes of the video player, otherwise I really like the system. I compared the results with other DAWs by connecting video to them and everything is in perfect order and without delays.
I would like to choose Mixcraft as a priority DAW in my work, but for now, working with video slows down the process.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I noticed for video editing, Mixcraft does not seem to be frame precision editable. It does take a second from when I move to a starting position, hit play and the video plays. I just always attributed this to being that Mixcraft is an audio workstation with video editing added in as a side function. It's not really a video editing software, but has the capability. If this isn't how it functions, then maybe I'm experiencing the same delay.

So if I edit, or drag to a spot, I hit play then there is a pause, then the video will start up. This is how my experience has always been with video editing in mixcraft.
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

I think we are talking about the same lag. In my opinion, if an audio workstation has the ability to work with video, then first of all it is still the exact sound of a video clip. This potentially makes the DAW professional for film scoring and game animation. That is, there is a huge potential in mixcraft, but video editing is like making a bonus feature without implementing the main function of working with video in a DAW. By the way, in other DAW, for example, I had a delay before the start for a half second, but the video and audio strips started together and without glitches and loads, and this work suits me, because I have no desynchronization between frames and sounds.
Hiro4fun

Post by Hiro4fun »

Hey! I've been having the same issue since Mixcraft 8.

Did you contact customer service by any chance or find any solution?

Thank you for your time :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hiro4fun wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:37 pm Hey! I've been having the same issue since Mixcraft 8.

Did you contact customer service by any chance or find any solution?

Thank you for your time :)
Hi,

Which version and build of Mixcraft are you using? How does the problem manifest itself for you, exactly?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

in my opinion, this problem is related to the loading of the Lav decoder into the process, because if the video is loaded, then this decoder is loaded and certain problems with the video begin, namely a two-second lag during playback, and sometimes during prolonged operation the screen itself begins to slow down, mixcraft, as if the decoder is constantly re-encoding the video in an online process, and when the slider is moved to an area without video, the decoder is unloaded and operation continues as normal
RStudio

Post by RStudio »

I completely agree with you, because I myself faced the same problem when I was voicing animations and movies.
In this situation, I helped me to lower the bitrate of the video, (if you are ready to watch minecraft on your screen) of course, it does not get rid of the delay, but helped to partially reduce it.
If you, for example, write music for a movie, you can be guided by the audio track (by turning off the video for a while). I didn't observe a big disynchronization between audio and video.

You can try to use video editor reaper in mixcraft, (reaper can be connected via rewire host) but I don't know how high the delay will be and if you can work normally.
I haven't tried this myself, so I offered it as an option to consider.
I remember trying to connect video from sibelius to mixcraft before, but I never managed to get normal synchronization :(
rshaf

Post by rshaf »

The idea with the ripper really works; I didn’t notice any starting lag or freezes. This can really help with animations. But, of course, I would like to see a similar video implementation in Mixcraft itself. For me it hurts because I have to work with video and precise animations and I don’t have enough player and frame scale((((