Yamaha Montage M - New Flagship Synth 2023

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mr.Mxyzptlk

Yamaha Montage M - New Flagship Synth 2023

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

So Yamaha have retired my beloved Montage but gone bigger with the Montage M. Too many features to list here.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music ... index.html

For the very first time, from what I understand, they'll also be releasing a VST soft synth version mid-2024, which is crazy (but about time too!!). I'll wait to see what that looks like as that could be a viable option and game changer as there's no way I'm parting with the Montage 7.

The Montage M fund has now started in earnest as I'd be going all out for the M8x this time round if I do decide to bite the bullet. Hopefully they will release it in white again. I would never forgive myself if I bought the standard version only to see them release the white one later. So I'm prepared to wait a year or so. They've addressed some of the 'shortcoming's of the Montage and ramped things up a few notches with the AN-X Analog engine, polyphonic AT, mad polyphony and double the onboard and user memories as well as loads of other cool features.

The only thing that I wish they'd implemented better was having a proper ribbon controller like the HydraSynth and somehow integrating some proper faders for expressive control. There's certainly enough space on the 88-key chassis for that. And again, they've skimped on the outputs round the back, though TWO USB ports are a big improvement (but why just stop at two??). Anyway, it looks and sounds great. I'll be watching that space!

Sound Demo here: https://youtu.be/AxYtmjPsJvw?si=dLmu4QanVkqQluLm
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Rolling Estonian

Re: Yamaha Montage M - New Flagship Synth 2023

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I didn't realize it was a I/O too, very cool. After looking at the price, I'd think you may want to set up some sort of account.... Offshore maybe? lol

M
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

There's been a ton of demo and walkthrough videos on YouTube over the last few days since release. It's an amazing piece of kit.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I want one. I guess I have to start a fund too!
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

I'm holding out for the White version, if they produce one. The VST may be an option. Hope they extend the free offer to existing Montage registered owners, rather than just the Montage M owners.