Anyone installed Spitfire BBC SO recently?

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

apepper

Anyone installed Spitfire BBC SO recently?

Post by apepper »

Hi, I've recently bought a new computer and installed Mixcraft onto the new one; that's all gone smoothly, but when I tried to install the BBC SO - which was - indeed is - working fine on my old PC, I entered a world of pain. Spitfire seems to have changed where it put things; on the old pc, there's a Program files\Common Files\VST3 folder with a BBC Symphony Orchestra (64-Bit).vst3 file. After installing Spitfire & BBC SO on the new PC, there's a FOLDER called BBC Symphony Orchestra (64) bit.vst3 with the file several folders deep; Mixcraft doesn't seem to load it. However, I've copied the .vst3 file from the old PC and that works - although I don't get the new piano!

Does Mixcraft look in sub folders for vst3 files? Has anyone installed BBC SO recently on Windows 11?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Anyone installed Spitfire BBC SO recently?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

VST3 plugins should all go into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" and I've got several VST3 plugins that are loading from subfolders inside that folder.

If you click on the File menu and select Plug-in Manager, do you see it in the Unable to Load category, or the Disabled category?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
apepper

Post by apepper »

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply; nothing in the unable to load or disabled area. I'll try contacting Spitfire - the old VST3 file does work. It's a bit moot - AFAIAA the only difference between the old and the new is a concert piano has been added.
apepper

Post by apepper »

Alas, something has changed and the Discover SO is no longer appearing - its still in the Program Files/Common Files/VST3 folder, but not loading. Anyone else got Discover SO working in Mixcraft 10? Actually, I've just looked and no VST3 plug ins are visible - Melodyne is also in the same VST3 folder, and that's not appearing as a plug-in.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which version and build of Mixcraft are you using?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101