Changing PC

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

Re: Changing PC

Post by cactus-head »

make sure to download the legacy stuff from the store. Many presets rely on the legacy bundle and may not appear if the bundle isn't loaded.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

1) Found the missing dlls for the AGML2 and ABPL2 instruments in mixcraft 7 - do I just move these to a new location on the new pc and add them as instruments/vsts somehow
2) Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol are viewable in the list of instruments in mx9 but not presets will load or recognized when a song is loaded. Ive rescanned in mx9 all the vst folders even have Komplete Kontrols root folder listed - is there a fix here. songs are just not working.

This taking hours. Would it be better as a suppoort ticket rather than clogging up the public forums. Something 1 on 1 rather than - try this, check that.

Thanks.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

HI - How do I get more of a formal reply or help here? Ive been using mixcraft, dutifully upgrading etc for many years. INcesting the product and enjoying making music.

People are changing and upgrading PCs and macs all the time - fact of life. I would think that there could be by now a support doc of some kind with a workflow of what to do in a standard upgrade, rather than posting on a forum. Something a little more supportive, formalized and appreciative of the dedication and investment we have show over the years.

I desperately want to get back into my songs and have 2 days off per week like regular folk but am spending way too much of my time, I think, investigating things, checking the forum etc when all I've done is switch the external drive to the new PC reloaded the vsts etc, re-scanned everything and am now going through each song individually to see whats missing.

Am I expecting too much that it should just work but doesn't and reaching out for some direct help whilst understanding that companies keep costs down by not having direct support.

Don get me wring - I like mixcraft; hence the continued support. But I am not a techie so could I get some direct help rather than waiting to see if a new message pops onto the forum?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

People can always contact us directly for the quickest response: submit an Acoustica Support Request.

1. As noted earlier, sometime plugins need to be installed, because they are complex and have supporting files and folders that also need to be there. You can't just copy the VST file over. Other plugins are just one VST file and those are self-contained. I'm guessing Ample Guitar should be installed, so download its installer on the new computer and run that.
2. In regard to Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol, you might need to install additional libraries. I'm assuming you installed them from the Native Access app on the new computer? If not, do that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

What you have there greg is the kind of thing I’m referring to: For older acoustics instruments do this? Something in a doc on your site.

Komplete and Kontakt - fresh installs form NI all libraries up to date. As I mentioned above- both are listed in the all instruments list dialog and in Vsti sublist - can even see separate synths like massive as 1 example. But songs do not play the preset listed even if it’s a default non user preset.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, so the presets are there, but you're not getting any sound. Right-click on the track and see what MIDI channel its on, then check to make sure your instrument is set to that MIDI channel. Or, vice versa, right-click on the track or lane to put it on the MIDI channel that the instrument is using.

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:14 am Hi,

People can always contact us directly for the quickest response: submit an Acoustica Support Request.

1. As noted earlier, sometime plugins need to be installed, because they are complex and have supporting files and folders that also need to be there. You can't just copy the VST file over. Other plugins are just one VST file and those are self-contained. I'm guessing Ample Guitar should be installed, so download its installer on the new computer and run that.
2. In regard to Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol, you might need to install additional libraries. I'm assuming you installed them from the Native Access app on the new computer? If not, do that.

Greg
1. - Searched the Acoutica site for Ample Sound, legacy, downloads, installer etc - can't find Ample Guitar installer etc. Could you provide the link that would be super helpful
2. Would screen shots be better. If I fire up MX9 on the old PC you get the Komplete Kontraol interface with the instruments listed, the ability to search using the categories etc, pick a preset. Here Komplete Kontrol loads up but in freestanding mode it would seem.Kontakt actually crashes mx9 - not usable. But both are visitble in the instrumetns list.

So would a support ticket be the best route rather than prodding and poking - there's probably no tech issue or bugs of course, this is purely config and customer service. Cant help thinking that - dare I say it - an old fashioned support phone call would be quicker for the user, waste less time for all and aid understanding? Is that a possibility, old skool, tech support with some screens haring thrown in. Again, I just want to make music but this is all, to me, so piecemeal.

...Or do you guys have a checklist you run through when you upgrade your hardware etc something like that rather than this Jigsaw' approach?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

1. Ample Guitar is not one of our plugins, you'd have to get that from the maker of the plugin: https://www.amplesound.net/en/index.asp.

2. Do you have Mixcraft 9.0 build 470? If not, there's a problem with earlier builds that would cause Kontakt to not display properly. I'll email you the download link for it.

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Ill look at the installer link thanks.

Ive previously loaded up all the songs I have and compiled a spreadsheet of what it was missing be it ample guitar or Komplete Kontrol etc - BTW any more thoughts there. Now when I try to load any song I get: Mixcraft Failed to Load the project error.It then lists the file path and says the file may be corrupt.

This is for every song. This must be something global - what do you recomend. As above Ive already fired u all the songs to do the analysis I mentioned to find out about missing wavs, vsts etc.

Also, any thioughts on a ticket/phone call with support rather than the time taking back and forth, Dr Watson and MR Holmes approach>
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Should have said I was on build 470 already.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

the unable to load was temporary and fixed by a reboot. Phew.

Fired up another song and the mixcraft dialogue states: Unabel to Load Instrument Komplete Kontrol. So, thats where Im at.

Its listed as a VST etc but deos not load.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Those are third-party instruments, they are not part of Mixcraft. You need to install them separately. Did you install Komplete Kontrol using the Native Access app? Do you have the Native Access app installed on your computer? Run it and see what it says about Komplete Kontrol.

Greg
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

If you bought a laptop, my assumption would be that windows was already preinstalled on it. As I this was stated earlier: you can't just copy over files to the new computer and expect everything to work. Unless you initially started by cloning your original computer onto the new computer, you have to reinstall everything. That means everything that was previously installed that you want to use will have to be reinstalled using the tolls that install that software.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

cactus-head wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:07 pm make sure to download the legacy stuff from the store. Many presets rely on the legacy bundle and may not appear if the bundle isn't loaded.
Thanks - IN fact a couple of my songs use old FX like classic flanger. Logged onto the acoustica site and cannot see the legacy bundle you mention. Im in this location: https://store.acoustica.com/mixcraft/presets. Searched for "legacy" etc. Is there a link?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The Legacy Bundle is for Mixcraft 10. For Mixcraft 9, install Mixcraft 9 again and choose the option to install the legacy plugins during the installation process.

Greg