Some plugins not always loading with 584

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

apepper

Some plugins not always loading with 584

Post by apepper »

I have a bit of an odd problem with M10 584; when I run the program and go to the plug ins manager, it shows 22 instruments - there should be 26.

I do a rescan and it still shows 22, but if I look at the instrument lists, the missing instruments are there. If I close the dialog and reopen it, it shows 26.

So; there are two problems - why doesn't it load all 26 when it starts running? Do I have to update the default song somehow?

After a rescan, it doesn't update the number of instruments - so it looks like nothing's happened; is that by design?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Some plugins not always loading with 584

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Rescanning just looks for new plugins. If you see the four missing plugins in Plug-In Manager, are they marked as disabled? If so, you can click on that and change it to Attempt to Load, then restart Mixcraft.

If the four plugins are listed as Enabled, which plugins are they? Make sure you're looking for them in the right place. Sometimes people assume an effect is an instrument or that an instrument is an effect.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
apepper

Post by apepper »

Hi Greg, they appear as enabled. Actually the plot has thickened, rescanning doesn't always make them appear, but rescan followed by looking in recent instruments and selecting one of them; usually the BBC symphony orchestra, makes them appear. The BBC one is VST3 and ISTR there's only one place for VST3 plugins to go.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So when the plugin is missing, it's still listed in Plug-in Manager as enabled? Double-check that's what's happening.

If you click on Change Instrument and search for BBC, it's not in the list?

The next time the plugin turns up missing, go into General preferences and select Upload Log Files, and be sure to put a note in about the problem and which plugin is missing at that time.

Greg
apepper

Post by apepper »

No, when it's missing, it's missing. It doesn't show in the failed to load list. The BBC symphony orchestra isn't available as an instrument until I've done the rescan.

I'll do the log file this evening
apepper

Post by apepper »

I've done the upload logs; I can't see how to put a note into the logs though. I've attached two captures from the plug in manager; Pic0 shows the list just after Mixcraft loads, Pic1 shows the list after the rescan - you can see the new instruments; the list shows 26 of them, but the count is showing 22. The 4 "new" ones are the ones that don't come with the program; so the BBC Symphony orchestra in 32 & 64 bit versions - I've had a lot of trouble installing it and that's my chief suspect for it not working - Impulse and a Mellotron clone.

Before 584, the BBC wouldn't load at all but ISTR the other 2 did correctly load. Before the one before 584 (sorry to be so vague!), BBC did load although I think only the 32 bit version.
Attachments
Pic1.jpg
Pic1.jpg (165.06 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Pic0.jpg
Pic0.jpg (137.12 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Find your VSTignore7.ini file in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Does it list the missing plugins in it? You could edit it with notepad and remove any plugins that should be loading, then save it, being careful to not change the format from plain text. The file name needs to be: VSTignore7.ini

Greg
apepper

Post by apepper »

Hi, the file doesn't have any plugins listed to be ignored.
apepper

Post by apepper »

Anything else I can try?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It looks like you have a folder called "BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3", which is the same name as the plugin itself, and inside that folder, there's another copy of the plugin:

18:26:54 [552 mils] : VST3 scan failed for C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).vst3

What if you go into Windows Apps settings and completely uninstall BBC Symphony. Once it's uninstalled, Go into the following folder and delete any folders or files remaining that are related to BBC Symphony (especially the folder that has the same name as the plugin file.)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

Once that stuff's all gone, try installing BBC Symphony again.

Greg
apepper

Post by apepper »

I've uninstalled the Spitfire application and BBC symphony orchestra plug-ins. That has now disappeared, but I still have the same problem; when I run Mixcraft it shows 22 instruments, a rescan doesn't seem to change anything, but if I go to recently used instruments, the mellotron plugin has appeared, and back at the instrument list there are now 24 instruments on the list, but the count shows 22. Closing and re-opening the plugin manager shows 24.

I'm about to re-install the BBC Symphony Orchestra (fingers crossed!).
apepper

Post by apepper »

I've uploaded logs without the BBC symphony installed.
apepper

Post by apepper »

Re-installed BBC Symphony orchestra and back to where we were; loads 22 instruments, rescan - nothing seems to happen, go to recent instruments select one of the "missing" instruments, back to the list of instruments and it shows 26 but the count is 22. Exit plug in manager, come back in again and it shows 26.

However! I tried saving a project which used a missing instrument, closing Mixcraft and reloading the project. It came up with an error about a missing container because scanning of 3rd party plug-ins was turned off and offered me a button to turn it on. I clicked that voila, now when I load Mixcraft all 26 are there, that's worked twice in a row now so I think that's (sort of!) fixed.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know what fixed it for you!

Greg