New Jwarv Release

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jwarv

New Jwarv Release

Post by jwarv »

Hello folks,

Here's my latest LP. 30 tracks, like a Golden Corral of music. I guess it's my "White Album".

It's called "All Items Must Go". A cornucopia of rock, pop, blues, retro wave, reggae, calypso, funk and whatever else category you want to describe it. Mostly born during the Pandemic, but also went back into my teen years and unearthed some cassettes to reveal some that were worthy of a full production. Also thrown in were come collabs I did with my buds over the internet during the past 15 years or so. Phew, I'm exhausted. And yet, I still feel some fuel still in the tank. Anyway, I had to stop at some point to get this project airborne.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5 ... ure=shared

Peace.

Jason
TrevsAudio

Re: New Jwarv Release

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hey J-Man - been so involved with the publishing of my channel, I missed this one.

Great stuff - subscribed! :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

TrevsAudio wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:10 am Hey J-Man - been so involved with the publishing of my channel, I missed this one.

Great stuff - subscribed! :D
Thanks T,

I must say, your vids are easy to follow and have enough interspersed production elements to keep the interest.
Good job!

J
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Thanks Jason - that was my whole concept. There's plenty of techy stuff out there, but when you're a complete beginner, this can be a bit daunting.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
joss

Post by joss »

30 songs is a lot of work and it's well done.
I loved Right Here and Maybe, which is great.
It all sounds very professional.
I have learned one thing and that is that at first it seemed to me that the sound was quite distant but then I realized that when you increase the volume it does not lose definition and does not distort, that is to say that in post-production it is as if you were reserving dynamics for when the He wants to listen at a reasonably high volume and that has impacted me and I liked it since my projects lack that effect.
Thank you very much for your music and congratulations for your great work and especially for Maybe.

A big greeting.
Sorry for the translation, it may create some confusion.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

joss wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:42 am 30 songs is a lot of work and it's well done.
I loved Right Here and Maybe, which is great.
It all sounds very professional.
I have learned one thing and that is that at first it seemed to me that the sound was quite distant but then I realized that when you increase the volume it does not lose definition and does not distort, that is to say that in post-production it is as if you were reserving dynamics for when the He wants to listen at a reasonably high volume and that has impacted me and I liked it since my projects lack that effect.
Thank you very much for your music and congratulations for your great work and especially for Maybe.

A big greeting.
Thank you, Joss!

That is an interesting point you make. I followed the industry standard of -14 LUFS/ -1 dB peak (or thereabouts) and apparently it paid off. I use a site called www.loudnesspenalty.com to get as close as possible to the level most sites will increase or decrease. My only regret is one song that I must have overlooked. (A Call to Arms) I think I forgot to run it through the Ozone mastering plugin, because it's way too quiet for my taste, compared with the others. Not that I never did, but I did it so many times, and having done that with 30 songs, you tend to miss something. But apparently Youtube compensated somehow.

I appreciate your listening and commenting on it.

Jason
RStudio

Post by RStudio »

Great songs! Added a few tracks to my playlist :)
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

RStudio wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:38 pm Great songs! Added a few tracks to my playlist :)
Hey, thank you very much! :)
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

Really cool stuff. Congratulations. 30 songs is really quite an achievement. Respect!
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

ppayne wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:30 am Really cool stuff. Congratulations. 30 songs is really quite an achievement. Respect!
Thanks a lot! I had a whole pandemic to finish it. :wink: