Error message when attempting to drag in a WAV sound file

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sludgethunder

Error message when attempting to drag in a WAV sound file

Post by sludgethunder »

Hi all,

I've just encountered an issue with dragging a WAV audio clip into my Mixcraft pro studio 10 project. An error message popped up: "Failed to Load sound!". I know that only a handful of audio file formats are supported by Mixcraft but I thought WAV was one that was?? I tried a couple other WAV clips to see if it was just that one but they all got the same error message. What could be going on here?

I always forget that mp4s are not supported and when I try to drag them in, I get the error message, then convert them to mp3s which then able to be successfully added into the project- so I know that some file formats work with my projects.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Error message when attempting to drag in a WAV sound file

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using build 587? If not, try updating.

MP4 is supported for video. Mixcraft 10 can mix down to MP4 video files.

Wav is also supported, but sometimes audio files that are not wav files, but have the .wav file extension, or it's an unusual variety of wav file.

There can also be a problem if the filename contains unicode characters, like Cyrillic, Arabic, or Chinese. The solution in that case is to rename the file.

If none of these things help, get the problem to happen again, then go into General preferences, click Upload Log Files, and let us know you uploaded them.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
sludgethunder

Post by sludgethunder »

Update: I tried converting the WAV file to an mp3 and still I'm getting the same error message. I tried importing a different mp3 into the project (a voice recording off my iPhone that had been converted from mp4 to mp3) and that was successful.

What could possibly be going on here? for more context, the WAV audio clip was recorded on a handheld voice recorder so it was produced by a different tool than the other mp3s that I am able to import into projects. Why would that matter though?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please see my previous post.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Mixcraft is extremely anal about file names. It probably doesn't like something such as a comma or a 'special character' in the name. Change the file name to something very simple (e.g. test) and try again.