MC 10 requiring signon each time in Linux

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

MC 10 requiring signon each time in Linux

Post by cactus-head »

Ok,

I know Linux isn't supported, but maybe someone has an answer to this: I have a working install of MC 10 pro on Linux running though Wine. The problem is, when I shut down the computer, the next time I start MC, it comes up with the Buy It message on top and requires my account login.

This works a couple of times, but eventually I get a message that there are too many instances of Mixcraft signed into and I have to go the Acoustica website, log into my account and delete the extra users.

Any ideas why the login behaves this way? Is there a registry entry in Windows that gets set that perhaps doesn't behave the same way in Wine?
Acoustica Greg

Re: MC 10 requiring signon each time in Linux

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Huh, it's creating a new device activation each time. And it's build 587?

Has anybody else tried this?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Just to restate,

It's in Linux so there could be some network thing going on where maybe an inconsistent identifier or something is being sent. It's not a biggee as I don't use the Linux install too often for Mixcraft, but just wondered if something jumped out at anybody.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Just in case someone was curious or ran into the same thing. Three things:

1. Since I have a dual boot system my windows drive requires root privileges to access the directories and such through linux. It seems that if I have accessed files as root before launching Mixcraft, I don't run into the multiple instances of MC being signed on issue. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't run deliberate tests but just observed this seemed to be happening. The last several times I've opened mixcraft it has always been after the established root connection with my windows drive. There may be a couple of VSTs or something on that drive that I was accessing. Not really sure.

2. It could also be because there was a shortcut defined tin linux that could launch MC 10 Studio instead of pro. Though I never used it, maybe something got crisscrossed in Linux. I have since deleted it and I haven't had the multiple sign-in issue so far.

3. It could be if I alternate between linux and windows running Mixcraft. For example monday windows and MC, then tuesday linux and MC etc. Again, I ahven't tested it but am just throwing out possibilities.

Right now it has been working fine after I've been cognizant of 1 and 2 above.
huik

Post by huik »

Hi,
it seems to work.

Mixcraft 10 in Ubuntu Studio. (Wine).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcdhtm2exD8