Mixcraft sometimes stops loading, can't rewind, mixes do not work.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rien1959

Mixcraft sometimes stops loading, can't rewind, mixes do not work.

Post by rien1959 »

I'm having the same issues with Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 64 bits as well as Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio. All the mixes have problems with certain plugins. Mixcraft will load the mix very slow and sometimes stops at 98 % or so. Sometimes Mixcraft stops working when hitting the rewind button.I think it has to do with the latest Windows 11 updates ? There are no error logs because Mixcraft stops working. Mixes that worked in the past do not work anymore. It's all very frustrating. This morning I installed Mixcraft on one of my other Windows 11 computers and had the same issues.

update : I uninstalled the Windows updates from 2024, but no succes. Mixcraft still crashes. I had installed Reaper (X64) yesterday but it did not find the old plugins. Today it did a new scan and it did find all plugins. I have made a mix like I did on Mixcraft with the same old plugins and it all worked ! So there is something wrong in Mixcraft ......
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft sometimes stops loading, can't rewind, mixes do not work.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's probably not due to Windows 11 updates. Do you have Mixcraft 10.1 build 587? If not, try updating.

Log files are created each time you run Mixcraft, and taking a look at them might provide a clue.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rien1959

Post by rien1959 »

After a lot of testing and trying I found the problem. When running on Windows 8 emulator (settings in Win11) everything worked fine. Except that the graphics were very slow .... The update to Mixcraft 10.5 did solve some problems, but not all. The latest Windows 11 updates made it also better. After a lot of testing I found two 32 bit plugins that were making some trouble : a 32 bit free reverb, named Epicverb and a paid 32 bit plugin called Sindov3.5 (stereo widener). After removing these plugins and replacing them with a 64 bit version, all problems were gone. All my old mixes run fine now. Even the largest mix (28 tracks) runs without a problem. There are no other conflicts with other 32 bit plugins, so I'm very happy ! :D :D :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Thanks for coming back to let us know the solution you found!

It's generally a good idea to phase out 32-bit plugins completely if possible, or at least minimize their use.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101