Hide tracks?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Frantiac

Hide tracks?

Post by Frantiac »

Hi, is there a way of hiding selected tracks from the main window like we hide them in the mixer? If not it would be useful to have the option, maybe even link them i.e when they're hidden in the mixer they disappear from the main window at the same time.

For instance once multiple send tracks are set up I don't need to access them anymore and even when they're at the smallest size they are still taking up useful space in the main window.

(I did post this a few minutes ago in Mixcraft Suggestions but wasn't sure if it was the right place to ask a question)
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Ray Cube

Re: Hide tracks?

Post by Ray Cube »

Hi.

Create a child track and then instead of sending the tracks to the master volume send them to the child track. That should collapse them in the mixer and on the timeline. You then get the option to ungroup them in the far left of the mixer panel.

Ray.
Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Mixcraft 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Enterprise.
I9-900K. nvidia 3060 12GB. 64GB ram. 2 Samsung 28" monitors. Axiom Mini Air 32.
Tannoy Reveal speakers plus Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub. N.A.D and Cambridge Audio Amplification.
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

Frantiac I think that is great idea!
When I hide them in mixer I would like to see the tracks hidden too.
Like you said even when you squeeze them they still take up a lot of space specially when you have send tracks too besides audio tracks.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

+1 here.

I'd like to be able to hide send tracks like reverbs etc.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Hi Ray - does child track mean submix track? If so then I can't find a way to get send tracks into a submix track. Audio tracks are no problem but it's the sends I'd like to hide.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

As I've just posted in the Mixcraft Suggestions thread, hiding tracks would be ideal but if it's too complicated then maybe something simple like folder tracks could be added? Simple folders for putting tracks in, i.e. space-saving cupboards.