Mixdown issues with Pianoteq vst

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Robostoic

Mixdown issues with Pianoteq vst

Post by Robostoic »

I'm new to this forum, so this question may have already been answered several times. If so, pardon the duplication. I'm recording a solo piano piece in Mixcraft using Pianoteq8 in a virtual instrument track. When I mixdown the track, I get zero audio. I know the track itself is a midi file driving the audio from Pianoteq vst. Do I have a wrong setting either in Mixcraft or Pianoteq in the mixdown that won't allow the track to mixdown to audio, wav or mp3? Thanks, R
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixdown issues with Pianoteq vst

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you load the mixed down file back into Mixcraft and play it, is there audio? If not:

Go into Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences and note your sample rate setting, then try mixing down to a wav file with that sample rate. When you start to mix down, click Edit Details to change the sample rate of a wav.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Robostoic

Post by Robostoic »

Hi, Greg. Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately the mixdown file that results is still "blank", for lack of a better term to describe it. I've aligned or matched the sample rate in my Preferences to the mixdown wav rate (44.1K 32-bit float), but that didn't do it. Mixcraft goes through the motions of mixdown, but at the end, no waveform, no sound. I even changed sample rates and matched them just to see what would happen, but nothing.

I can do mixdowns just fine with other vst instruments in MC. I have a plugin called Pianissimo and it works fine at mixdown. I'll keep trying to see what I may be doing wrong. I've also asked someone in my Pianoteq forum, but no answer yet.

Much appreciated, though.

R
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

And if you load it back into Mixcraft, you can't hear it (even if there is no apparent waveform)?

Greg
Robostoic

Post by Robostoic »

Correct, Greg. I loaded the "blank" waveform back into an audio track into MC and got nothing. It is certainly perplexing. I still think it's my own human error, so I'll keep digging.

R
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you can hear it when you play the project in Mixcraft, then it should mix down. Are you using Mixcraft 9? Do you have build 470?

Greg
Robostoic

Post by Robostoic »

Oh yeah. I'm with you on that, Greg. No reason it shouldn't mixdown.

I can play, record, and edit midi using Pianoteq8 vst inside Mixcraft 9, in solo piano works and also arrangements with PT and other instruments. The only tracks that don't mixdown are any tracks with Pianoteq.

I'll have to confirm the "build" of Mixcraft 9 that I have tomorrow. I shut my rig down an hour ago and just saw your latest post. It may not be 470. I appreciate that piece of detail. I may upgrade to 10 soon.

Thanks,

R
Robostoic

Post by Robostoic »

Problem solved, Greg, but I cheated...

I upgraded to Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio. Mic drop...

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions. I really appreciated that. I learned a few things, especially about matching the sample and bit rates.

Robostoic
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to let us know how you resolved the problem!

Greg