Clipping

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Trellis_Dan

Clipping

Post by Trellis_Dan »

I am working on a project and will need to send the stems to a professional for final mixing/mastering. The master track is clipping and some of the individual tracks are clipping. Ideally I would have done a better job with gain staging, but I did not. There was not any clipping when recording the tracks.

If I turn down the master track until there is no clipping, will this eliminate clipping on any of the stems that I plan to export? Or do I need to go through every individual track to adjust it's volume and eliminate its clipping and also turn down the master track until there is no clipping?

Likewise, if a submix is not clipping, will the stems still clip when exported?

Finally, such as in ProTools, is there a way to force the clipping indicator to "stick" so I can see if it clipped at any point during the song, even when I wasn't watching?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Clipping

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Trellis_Dan

Post by Trellis_Dan »

Hi Greg, whereas that video is helpful in explaining how I should have approached the project initially, it didn't really answer my question. My question is if the short cuts I mentioned above can compensate for my previous mistakes?
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

Your question if turning master down will stop clipping on tracks is no.
All tracks must not be clipping first.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10