The Sixth Single - Torn Apart

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

chrisshort

The Sixth Single - Torn Apart

Post by chrisshort »

The 6th single from the album project just went live! Titled Torn Apart, his one is more relaxed than the others. Featruring Muz Lee yet again. She will be on the next few releases.
A couple of options below to listen:

https://open.spotify.com/track/3dj2dZPy ... 43eb564c7a

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5 ... 6vCys_Finv

Ray Cube

Re: The Sixth Single - Torn Apart

Post by Ray Cube »

That is a very competent and polished mix and your vocalist is very talented. Not sure about the vibrato in the voice. I felt it should be a treat and used sparsely wondering where I would hear it next but that is probably just me.
I seldom listen to a song all the way through but I just had to with this one. The backing track was excellent.
This deservers to get a lot of likes.
Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Mixcraft 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Enterprise.
I9-900K. nvidia 3060 12GB. 64GB ram. 2 Samsung 28" monitors. Axiom Mini Air 32.
Tannoy Reveal speakers plus Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub. N.A.D and Cambridge Audio Amplification.
chrisshort

Post by chrisshort »

Thanks so much! The vocalist is truly a special and unique talent. Muz Lee hails from Wuhan, China and got her start at the ripe old age of 14 years old by being the youngest artist signed to one of the largest multimedia companies there. She was featured on a number of movie soundtracks during a 2 year span. When she informed them that she wanted to go to college, they cancelled her contract. That is when I first "discovered" her and she sang on a few songs for me (including this one) when she was 16 yrs old. By the summer of last year, she is now (and currently) in Los Angeles attending college and coming out with her own music. A very gifted writer & producer in her own right.

You can visit her youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/@muzlee_/videos
Ray Cube

Post by Ray Cube »

I thought Muz Lee was good. I have a good ear and could not find fault with no trace of 'fixing' her vocals for either pitch or timing.
The musicianship is equally as good but as with all things in music normally gets less attention if the track has vocals. Still on a very professional level.
Although my own musician skills are far nearer less than basic I was a recording engineer a long time ago back in the 70s and I am what you might call a professional listener when it comes to music. The home studio is now much better than pro studios were back then for both ease of use and fidelity. I am in awe of today's tech ans just getting into it again for leisure and my own amusement rather than to earn a living from it.

I wish you both well and hope you both get out of it whatever you expect. It's even tougher now than it was back then if only trying to get noticed among the volume of releases.

Ray.
Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio.
Mixcraft 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Enterprise.
I9-900K. nvidia 3060 12GB. 64GB ram. 2 Samsung 28" monitors. Axiom Mini Air 32.
Tannoy Reveal speakers plus Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub. N.A.D and Cambridge Audio Amplification.
chrisshort

Post by chrisshort »

"It's even tougher now than it was back then if only trying to get noticed among the volume of releases."
All too true!