Possible 10.5 External Instrument Bug *SOLVED*

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Possible 10.5 External Instrument Bug *SOLVED*

Post by squeakie »

Since the latest 10.5 update MixCraft is no longer loading my Roland Fantom 06 as an external instrument. It works in MC9, but in MC10 (post 10.5 update), it shows my Fantom 06 on the External Instrument list, but when I select it, the dialog box will not open to set midi chan, ect. It worked prior to the 10.5 update. Am I missing a new change in selecting external midi instruments?

UPDATE: Got it working now. It’s a little odd as it seems to require me to select my External Instrument in a different location on the list. In MixCraft 9 Pro I just select it as an option in the same area I choose a VST, Acoustica Instrument, ect, and doing that pops up the small screen to make midi settings. In MixCraft 10 Pro it shows up the same way, but selecting my external instrument requires me to scroll way down where it shows up again and that one brings up the dialog box. Either way I got a template saved now to avoid future issues.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,