STEM separation v10.5

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Guaresneider

STEM separation v10.5

Post by Guaresneider »

It is working incredibly well! Compared to the last version of FL Studio 21 that takes about 1 minute and a half, from Mixcraft 10.5 the same track separates it in 38 seconds, good job guys!
RStudio

Re: STEM separation v10.5

Post by RStudio »

In mx the sound quality of separated stems is disgusting unfortunately :( I hope that in the future the guys from Acoustica will be able to improve this feature better. At the moment only mixcraft and fl studio can offer something like this. I haven't found anything similar in other DAW.
Bronzeage

Post by Bronzeage »

This is a great new feature and will come in handy to check individual tracks from a mix.
Unfortunately the "phasing" sound of exported stem tracks will not be a good enough quality for serious use.
But hopefully the next few updates will improve matters.

Brian
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

you have to think of what this option has to do.
To me it's incredible that you can bring a song into Mixcraft and to have it separate into stems.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

One can easily do FL/Mx stem separation comparison. Just using those same songs whats used in video and compare results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_TAAHNXqZ8
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Imagine the difficulty of separating similar audio frequencies that are mixed together. A vocal might share the same frequency as a violin. A bass might be using some of the same frequencies as a guitar. Depending on how the audio is mixed, any attempt to separate out the instruments would have to make assumptions about which frequencies go where. If the song is mixed so that the similar frequencies are not in the same channel, then that might be an easier task. Some songs will work better than others. Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio uses Spleeter, as the AI source separation library.

Try working the sound into a complete mix to see if it's useful, or as some have said, it might be useful for learning a guitar part, rather than using it in your mix.

But this feature obviously isn't for everybody. Thanks for your feedback!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

The feature really works surprisingly well :D You can easily examine the mix or a groove of well-known songs in more detail. I can also imagine this for karaoke. And above all a good USP for Mixcraft.

Now MC also has a nice AI feature. I see that you also added this to the Mixcraft website. Very good work and, in my opinion, exactly the right thing these days to bring our beloved mixcraft forward.

Keep it up guys!