Audio Interface issues - Constantly failing to detect

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Shapeless

Audio Interface issues - Constantly failing to detect

Post by Shapeless »

This has been happening for 5 years. this happened with my OLD focusrite and now it happens with my gen 3 solo. I also have a totally new computer now and it is still happening. this is not a driver issue whatsoever, this isnt a plugin issue (I have already determined this through insane troubleshooting)

It just randomly happens and way too often. im thinking of saying good bye to mixcraft as it seems to be an issue with the overall design of the software. Why does this constantly happen? Itll just random happen. Ill go to load a project and it will say your audio device wa snot detected or there was a problem with it or something. If I go to audio settings in the daw, the inputs are missing.

I just randomly fixed it by starting a new project file and suddenly my guitars were recording again. This is ridiculous. Why does this happen? and no its not my plugins being corrupted. That has happened before and I can simply disable the plugin. That isnt the case right now.

For the record this has been happening since fucking mixcraft 7. I am now on 10 and it constantly happens. New gear entirely. This is clearly a mixcraft SOFTWARE issue and they need to fix this. This is WHY Mixcraft is unpopular in the daw/music community. Reaper blows it out of the water because this shit doesnt happen. I use an am5 ddr 5 system with a ryzen 7 7800 x3d and 32 gb ram. Its not my hardware. The focusrite works great

Please tell me there is some kind of fix for this or SOME kind of troubleshooting? i cant find anything fucking anywhere and this has been extremely frustrating. Hard to record an album when your daw is constantly failing. Mixcraft support will tell me its possibly drivers or plugins. So what? I cant use plugins? because this happens once a week minimum. Sorry for the aggression. Im just at my wits end with this software and as someone who has poured thousands of hours into using this product, as well as hundreds of dollars....I would like some kind of explanation. Why SHOULDN'T I switch to Reaper?
TrevsAudio

Re: Audio Interface issues - Constantly failing to detect

Post by TrevsAudio »

So I've been using Mixcraft since 2011 with two different Focusrite interfaces along the way. No problems at all.
So it's obviously not Mixcraft or Focusrite.
Which is why I'll be sticking with 'old faithful'
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

I also use a Focusrite solo 2nd gen and a Focusrite 2i2. Everything without any problems. So I would assume that it's not Mixcraft itself or the Focusrite interface.

In between, the only thing left is Windows with the USB drivers and possibly a defective USB hub.

1. A defective USB hub once caused the same problem for me. Once a week my USB keyboard suddenly disappeared. When I plugged it back in, everything was suddenly there again. In the end it was probably a temperature problem or a short voltage drop with the defective USB hub from China with an external power supply.

2. Windows also has many problems with its USB drivers depending on the hardware. A problem I had in the past was that I plugged my Focusrite into two different USB ports on the same computer. After that I just had problems. Since then my USB ports have been labeled. I found a description of the error somewhere.

I would look in this directions.

Patrick
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're using a USB hub, try connecting directly to your computer instead. Unpowered USB hubs sometimes cause problems. You can also try connecting to a different USB port. If the problem is persisting with different computers, maybe look at the USB cable itself? Do you have a different one you can try?

Sometimes Focusrite fixes bugs. If you don't already have the latest Focusrite driver, be sure to download it and install it from their web page: https://downloads.focusrite.com/focusrite

They also have a troubleshooting page: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ ... leshooting

There are tips on things like not turning your USB ports off when the computer goes to sleep.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

And don't forget to turn off the option "Computer can switch off device to save energy" in power management. This can also trigger random usb device problems.
edjex

Post by edjex »

Sounds like a usb cable problem to me... though 5 years is a long time to come to that conclusion.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

I've encountered similar maddening events and many times it has been a driver issue. I updated them and it made a huge difference. I've since installed an app called Driver easy. It finds things that windows just doesn't.

https://www.drivereasy.com/

This not spam BTW. It's a genuine tip from a bona-fide user.