Crash while bouncing and other issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mrmosbyrod

Crash while bouncing and other issues

Post by mrmosbyrod »

I purchased Mixcraft 10 about 2 weeks ago, and all I've had are headaches with this daw. It constantly crashes when I attempt to bunce a track. Without touching my mouse and even times I'm working inside a plugin, it will create a blue loop region. My sends work but sometimes will act like an output bus and control the volume of the entire mix. Mixcraft crashed at time too but not as bad as this. My processor is 3.4 ghz with 32 gigs of memory. I've lost sessions due to this.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Crash while bouncing and other issues

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you don't have version 10.5 build 596, check for updates and install the updates.

A playback loop region can be created by pressing the letter L, so it's not hard to accidentally enable it with your PC keyboard, but if you're not touching your PC keyboard, you may have inadvertently MIDI mapped a controller keyboard or something. Click on the File menu, select Edit MIDI Control Surface Settings, then click Reset All.

I'm not sure how a send would control the volume of the entire project, but if you have a project that displays this problem in build 596, you could send it in so we can check it out.

If the bouncing crashes are happening in build 596, wait until it happens again, then go into Mixcraft's General preferences, click Upload Log Files, and then let us know that you did that.

Mixcraft 10.5 has the new auto-save feature (in Project preferences), so check your Backup folder inside your project folder to see if there is a good project file you can load there.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Thanks for sending in your log files; I'll reply to your ticket.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Actually, now that I look at the log files, I see you're using LANDR Mastering. There's a crash in this plugin that we've reported to its makers. Please report it to them so that they hear from Mixcraft users who want the crash fixed.

Greg