Mixcraft 10 staggering after recent updates?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

uchikatsu_laurance

Mixcraft 10 staggering after recent updates?

Post by uchikatsu_laurance »

I use MX10 on Windows 10 and after recent updates (last couple weeks, maybe, not sure exactly when) and since then certain projects will kind of stagger? Like play for a second, freeze, play, freeze, and its every literal second like a clock lol its really frustrating but I can't tell if it's my PC or MX10 or not. Is anyone else having this issue at all?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 10 staggering after recent updates?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's not a general Mixcraft 10 problem, no. Go into Mixcraft 10's General preferences, and click Upload Log Files, then let us know you did that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Laeh666

Post by Laeh666 »

I have same problem and my friend has same problem. I noticed this when i recorded 4 guitar tracks (one fx in each) + 1 wav drum track. In the end it started to stagger when i tried to listen the song and when i turned my masterpiece to mp3 it shifts the timing of diffrent channels so it messes the whole mp3 to trash. My friend said it started happen to him lately. I havent been recording for couple years and was just having fun but yeah the fun is gone if i cant even make listenable mp3 with it. My PC specs are: i9-13900k, 32G Gddr5 6000mhz cl36 and 2TB m2 ssd 7300/7000MB/s So i highly doubt that my pc is the problem
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Laeh666 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:51 am I have same problem and my friend has same problem. I noticed this when i recorded 4 guitar tracks (one fx in each) + 1 wav drum track. In the end it started to stagger when i tried to listen the song and when i turned my masterpiece to mp3 it shifts the timing of diffrent channels so it messes the whole mp3 to trash. My friend said it started happen to him lately. I havent been recording for couple years and was just having fun but yeah the fun is gone if i cant even make listenable mp3 with it. My PC specs are: i9-13900k, 32G Gddr5 6000mhz cl36 and 2TB m2 ssd 7300/7000MB/s So i highly doubt that my pc is the problem
Hi,

In regard to the MP3 not sounding right, try mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate you're using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences. Please see this pinned post for more info: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=24566

In regard to the "staggering," please go into Mixcraft's General preferences, click Upload Log Files, then let us know you did that.

Greg
uchikatsu_laurance

Post by uchikatsu_laurance »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:42 am Hi,

It's not a general Mixcraft 10 problem, no. Go into Mixcraft 10's General preferences, and click Upload Log Files, then let us know you did that.

Greg
I've uploaded the log files, it's under a different email than what I'm logged into this site with though.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Same thing happened to me. For me I tracked down a glitchy 32 bit plugin. I could still use the plugin but had to delete the occurrence of it in the FX on a track that was loaded in from an already existing project. Once removed from the track I could then reload the plugin on the track, set it's parameters and save the project. the project would then work and play fine on recurring loads.

This all had to be done before I attempted to play the project with the plugin in its glitch state. If I hit play, or tried to access the plugin (in the bad state) mixcraft would stutter, then eventually crash.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

uchikatsu_laurance wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:01 am I've uploaded the log files, it's under a different email than what I'm logged into this site with though.
Hi,

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and let us know which email the log files are under.

Greg