Send Track Question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Remiro

Send Track Question

Post by Remiro »

I'm trying to get more in the habit of using less cpu by using send tracks for efx. When I do use send for efx on source tracks, using the mix knob seems to raise the gain. Am I doing something wrong? How can I use send better?
Frantiac

Re: Send Track Question

Post by Frantiac »

I'm no expert but I tend to set the volume of the send tracks to -6 dB. More importantly, make sure the effect in the send track is set to 100% wet otherwise you'll be boosting the original signal along with the effect.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

There is Mixcraft tutorial for send tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGKG9ctaLPw

If wanna adjust volume between submix tracks, then better link send tracks and submix track. With linking, volume change on submix track changes send tracks volume also. Explained better on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAlwPd-liY&t=19s
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen
Mike61

Post by Mike61 »

There's usually a mix control on the effect itself (reverb, delay, etc.). Make sure the mix control on the effect is set to 100% (wet), otherwise you'll be getting more of the dry signal along with the wet signal, which would increase the volume when you increase the send level on the channel. A time when you might not want the mix control on the effect set to 100% is when you're using the effect as an insert effect (your old inefficient way of putting a separate effect on every channel).