Click Track, Evolving the Metronome

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rockisland580

Click Track, Evolving the Metronome

Post by rockisland580 »

Hi Mixcraft community -

I've been using since MX4, love the UI and added features over the years.
I've evolved my studio for just as long as I've had Mixcraft. From a simple USB interface that costed $40 to my UAD Apollo X4 + custom built PC, Alesis drums, etc. etc. ...)

One area that's remained stagnant in evolving Mixcraft is the metronome feature, consequently DAW-based click tracks.
My recording and production techniques are calling for this to be resolved. This feature would enable me to much more efficiently record local bands (and my own band) drums and other instruments.

It is very complicated to create a click track.
The steps to create a click track vary interface to interface.

I made another post how I've been doing it with UAD interfaces. Link: (https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 86#p155286)

The solution in my opinion is very simple. Allow the Metronome functionality to go to multiple audio output bus's.
That would allow for retroactive click track functionality.
I have a proactive solution for any new projects. It's a few extra steps on setup which is inconvenient. Especially when the inspiration strikes.

Allowing the Metronome to go to multiple audio output bus's would be a retroactive and proactive solution since it would just call for creating the audio output bus in each old project.
(on my other post, it takes 5 steps [this doesn't account for how long it takes to add each track in the separate mix to the Send Track mentioned in step 2 of my previous post])

Thanks for reading!
-EP
Rock Island
Acoustica Greg

Re: Click Track, Evolving the Metronome

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you tried just looping a MIDI clip on a track and routing that to different output tracks?

Greg

woodblockclicktrack.mid
Wood block click track.
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101