Effects automation/changing throughout song?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Threeleggedyoyo

Effects automation/changing throughout song?

Post by Threeleggedyoyo »

So this is the one of the last things I want to do that I can't seem to do in Mixcraft already.

Is there any way to have an effect change as it's being played?

For example, you could have a guitar on a single track that gets progressively more distorted as the track goes on.
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

This one of the most highly awaited features in Mixcraft 5, and many people think it will be done the same way the volume will be done, but as is now, it is not in MC. Instead, you can workaround and have a couple of tracks, one more distorted than the other by a little bit, and move part of the main audio recording from one track to the other as the song goes on. It works, but not too well. Can't wait for MC 5!
Threeleggedyoyo

Post by Threeleggedyoyo »

Bummer.

Do we know when MC5 comes out? If I buy MC4 will I have to buy it all over again?
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

To tell the truth, no one who doesn't work for MC can even say whether it's going to come out, but if it does, it most likely will come out sometimes next year. And if you already bought Mixcraft, it should only cost $15 to upgrade.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We are looking at next year for Mixcraft 5, and the upgrade price won't be set until it does come out. It could be higher or lower than $15.

That said, right now you can split sounds and move sections to other tracks if you want to apply different effects to sections of sounds.

Also, you can currently apply high pass and low pass filters to a track using envelopes just like you can apply volume and panning changes.

Greg