Virtual Pianos VST plugin not working

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

wglmb

Virtual Pianos VST plugin not working

Post by wglmb »

I was using a VST plugin called Shaker Maker (http://www.mcrow.net/shakermaker.htm) in a trial version of Mixcraft 4, build 91.
I've now bought Mixcraft and upgraded to the latest build. Now, when Mixcraft is loading, it freezes when it loads Shaker Maker :(
Is there anything I can do?

EDIT:
After some experimentation, I've found that the culprit is actually the pack of pianos provided by a download link that is in the email that gave me my serial number. They install to a folder called "Acoustica Instruments". I moved that out of the VST folder & Mixcraft now loads fine.
Anything I can do about this?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try installing the Acoustica pianos again, and if the problem reoccurs, please send us your log file.

Quit Mixcraft right after the crash, then submit an Acoustica support request, and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

C:\Program Files\Acoustica Mixcraft 4\mixcraft-log.txt

If you've got some mixcraft-crash files, send those, too.

Greg
wglmb

Post by wglmb »

I tried reinstalling & it still froze at startup. Then I left it, frozen, and came back fifteen minutes later to find that it had loaded... I think the problem is actually that my computer is really slow...
So the problem is mine - sorry for wasting your time, Greg, but thanks for the reply :)
I'll just uninstall the pianos and live without them (I think I'll manage.. ;) )
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's the thing with those pianos - they are 250 megabytes each, so it can take a while to load them into RAM.

Greg
BERZERKER

Post by BERZERKER »

Can those piano plugins be used with Mixcraft 3???
www.myspace.com/leopdyer
www.myspace.com/cosmicpillar
www.myspace.com/mudrope

"Those who criticize your dreams are to weak to follow their own. "
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Support for VST instruments wasn't added until Mixcraft 4.

If anyone is still using Mixcraft 3, upgrade to MC4 - it's only like $15 to upgrade. You won't regret it!
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

wglmb wrote:I tried reinstalling & it still froze at startup. Then I left it, frozen, and came back fifteen minutes later to find that it had loaded... I think the problem is actually that my computer is really slow...
So the problem is mine - sorry for wasting your time, Greg, but thanks for the reply :)
I'll just uninstall the pianos and live without them (I think I'll manage.. ;) )
After that initial load, Mixcraft will load instantly if you keep the pianos. Then you'll have them around to use them if you want. The first time you run Mixcraft and it fins the new plugins, though, it can definitely take a minute to load them.

Dan