mixcraft won't let me start the program

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

duudeeitsl

mixcraft won't let me start the program

Post by duudeeitsl »

a few days ago i tried opening mixcraft and a message popped up, saying that there had been an error running mixcraft the last time i had used the program, and asked me if i wanted to reset the sound settings to default. i tried clicking yes, i tried clicking no, i tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling the program, i tried repairing the program, but no matter what i did it would freeze so badly that i had to restart my computer, and, obviously, not open the program. i also tried restoring my system to a previous date but it wouldn't allow me to do this because i hadn't made a date i could restore it to. if anyone knows how to help me please reply. i'm beginning to get extremely frustrated with mixcraft.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Is this on a vista machine?

Turn off all security software before installing Mixcraft. Make sure you install and run from an administrator account on the computer.
duudeeitsl

Post by duudeeitsl »

hey um i did that and it still didn't work...and i was reading another thread on here and other people are having the same problems as i am, where it says set default settings? mixcraft experienced a fatal error initializing your sound device the last time it was run. would you like to reset mixcraft's settings to use the default sound device settings? then it says yes or no. if i click yes, my computer freezes and when i click no my computer freezes and i don't understand how to do that error report thing

and also now when i try opening mixcraft another message pops up saying, this application has failed to start because SVCTL32.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem. 1) i've uninstalled and reinstalled this program multiple times over the past few days so i don't understand why this message is coming up 2) i haven't tinkered with this software in any way so i do not understand why this message is showing up. i'm really beginning to become fed up with this software.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes, other vista users have reported this issue, but I have not personally seen it happen so it is difficult to troubleshoot.
One thought is to make certain that you have the latest driver installed for your sound card. You can get it from it's manufacturers web site. Vista is extremely well known for having sound related issues and a lot of sound card companies release drivers quite often in an attempt to deal with it.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Please submit a support request here:

http://www.acoustica.com/support/request_support.htm

Chances are very good that you have a corrupt plug-in that is freezing Mixcraft.

Dan