recording directly from internet

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kalyana

recording directly from internet

Post by kalyana »

:oops:
Hello friends, I am trying to record audio files from internet in mixcraft.. How to I do it..Please guide me through.
Thanks in advance.
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

This is going to a bit confusing to do, though it is possible. What exactly do you need to record from the internet? Anyway, I would suggest getting the Applian Freecorder. It's a handy little toolbar that sticks onto your internet browser. Whenever you need to record sound (eg, you're listening to a radio article that's interesting and wanna hear it again), you type in a name for the file, and hit the record button. Whatever you're listening to will be written onto a .wav or MP3 file for you to listen to later. Hope that helps.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I do not see what is so difficult about recording an internet stream. Simply arm a track in mixcraft with "stereo mix" or "what you hear", that's it.
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

I'm not sure that all sound cards have the "What you hear" function. I was assuming that this guy didn't, so that's why I wrote that.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Right, a lot of the new integrated sound cards don't offer that option, maybe for cost-cutting reasons or maybe for DRM reasons.

One customer got around this by running a cable from the line out on his sound card to the line in. Heh heh.

The integrated sound cards that come with your computer are often not very good sound cards. If you are serious about recording, spend some money on a good solid sound card.